Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by roisin x View Post
    can someone give me advice? i have been convinced for over two weeks that i cant breathe i even made my mom take me to the ER and they done by oxeygen level and its 100% great. but i refused a chest xray because i was convinced i have lung cancer. my chest is tight and i feel like my throat and airways are closing. i have had anxiety for years and all last year i spent thinking i have lung cancer, brain tumour, stomach cancer etc... ive had this for years but i really need help with the breathing thing im so paranoid im going to die of an asthma attack ...
    Well the good news is your symptoms seem like anxiety. I've had actual asthma when I was younger, I haven't heard of anyone dying from it, especially since you haven't mentioned any allergies. I've never had that sensation during my panic attacks...but perhaps this will help.

w w w. panicaway.c om/anxiety-symptoms/anxiety-breathing

Good news is you probably don't have lung cancer and considering you're probably younger than 30, you definitely don't.

I have just ordered that ! And waiting for it to download, I will definitely get back to you on how well it has helped!

I know this is getting old, I cant be having these stupid attacks in class and while driving grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Alice090 View Post
    Can anyone suggest what to do when you panick at shopping centres?
    The best way to take on a panic attack is with an attack of your own. Distract yourself with something that requires your undivided attention. In a shopping center, or a mall, there are several places you could find things that are of interest to you that you could pick up and examine. Don't just look at how nice it is, but try to figure it out.. how was it made, what can it do besides the obvious, who was involved in putting it together. Just get your mind off of the panic and onto to something interesting. Don't run from the environment. You'll never get over it if you do. Take deep slow breaths, think about the nice things in life, and maybe get yourself a refreshing drink or a treat from the food court if the shopping center has one. The hardest part of overcoming these panic attacks is realizing that they are in your mind. I've been dealing with my anxiety and panic attacks for over 10 years and even today, I sometimes succumb to them. Just thing as many positive thoughts as possible, keep breathing (slowly and deeply), and distract yourself as much as possible.

Best of luck to you.
    Robert
    Anxiety and Panic Resources -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    You CAN overcome your symptoms, but you have to turn every stone and try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny_1 View Post
    I know this is getting old, I cant be having these stupid attacks in class and while driving grrrr
    You have to keep yourself focused on things other than your panic attacks. I've used music in my car. Not just music in the sense of a band playing, but I also like the sound of nature, like rain storms, waves crashing, forest sounds, etc... I have a bunch of them that I keep in my car. You'll need to find out what works for you. Whatever it is, just be sure that it isn't overpowering and "high-energy"... you want to calm down, not get amp'd up. I don't know what level of education you are studying, but if it's a collegiate level, you may be able to get away with wearing a single ear headset or earplug and play something so that it's just audible to you and won't distract your classmates. Definitely ask the instructor before doing so so you don't get in trouble or have it taken away.

Hope things get better for you. Just remember to focus on anything besides the panic or anxiety.
    Robert
    Anxiety and Panic Resources -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    You CAN overcome your symptoms, but you have to turn every stone and try something new.

What the mind believes the body achieves.

Hi everyone! I think I have this fear of driving alone. I'm having this feeling of intense panic every time I drive alone in my car. I did not see any therapist yet because I'm still not convinced that I am that bad. Can you give me a convenient advice on how to manage this?

Gosh never had a panic attack driving. Driving is such a relaxer for me. Did you have an experience like hit a dog or person or almost hit one? lol, don't think you need to take anything for this one you need all your faculties.

breathe and stay calm

try to focus on something else