Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Hug and Smile Therapy

Something that I find helpful is to practice smile and hug therapies. They suggest inhaling through your nose and on the exhale through your lungs let a big smile spread across your face. It tricks your brain into thinking that you are happy.

Also, I find hugging helpful. Just a nice calm hug with someone you really love. It seems to allow stress to escape form somewhere.

Hope this helps someone,
    Take Care All,

Tried it and it works makes me feel a lot happier.As for the hugs havnt tried that but im sure that works even better.Hugs make everything better.

I find if I've had a bad day you can't beat a great hug to make it all feel a lot better. Safe and sound in the arms of someone you love. Great !!!!

Hi there,
    Thanks for the info.

Lalm, I find that true for me too. Sometimes I have to remind myself to smile even when I don't feel like it. I do feel a little better.

One thing I like to do is put a hand over my heart as a comforting touch and then put my other hand on top, gripping it really hard. I feel reassured by it, not so alone, and it just feels like I'm giving the childhood me a little hand squeeze.