Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

I really thought that I was the only one...

....With Driving phobia at the age of 36. That is one of my many phobias. I am in my 30's and have only driven 3 times in my life and that was only less than a mile.

Is there a way for me to ask how that is possible without being rude? What is your mode of transportation? can you walk to everything or does someone else drive you places?

its very possible!

Dont worry hypersensitive! i'm 28 i will be 29 in june i don't even have my permit. i have a 6 yr old son i could have a career. i do. if my phobia would stop interferring. i have always l ived where i could walk somewhere or bus. or my husband would work third shift so i could go to work with him driving me and picking me up. he now has a job where hes first shift tho he was hired as third they really really need him on first and have kept him past his training. i now lost my baby sitter as well as person who would drive me to work. there are no bus's where i work now and they never finished building the train station once the econony came to a holt. it cost a lil over $20 for a cab to take me 7miles to my job.

i have seen a dr before. she was an awful dr adn very forgetful about everything we discussed. i dont react well to medications eaither that help with my anxiety. and its also very hard when some of your closest friends tell you its just in your head. and my other friends who would be supportive we all now live in seperate states. things weren't so complicated until i had my son now that htere is someone else to look after as well as a job feild i love and now am becoming very limited to how i can get there.

i think if i had someone to work with and understood maybe things would be differnt. i don't really know. i get nervous just talking and writing about driving thats how bad it is. but you are not the only one!
    i am here too

hey ambie

i get what u saying about people who arent helpful and dont understand.they dont have this fear so why would they bother?i also know people like that.its frustrating and they think diff of u as if u mad