Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Thread: Oh dear

Oh dear

Oh gosh I'm so worried. My flat mate has, what appears to be, a stomach flu. She told me just now, going into what was quite frankly an insensitive amount of detail because she knows I have this. I have no idea what to do! I'm so tempted to all out quarentine myself in my room with a LOT of antibacterial handwash and the microwave but I don't want to stoop to that. I want to be strong but I'm so scared! I'm currently thinking I have similar symptoms but I know it's all in my head and I'm responding to the situation. And yet there's always that little "what if . . ." in my head urging the panic on. I know there's very little I can do, if I have it I have it. She's just getting on with her day and acting like it's no big deal (which I know it's not, it's just a big deal in my head for some reason) and I wish I could be sympathetic. Instead I'm terrified.

Thank you for reading this, I needed to release all these thoughts and feeling to people who understand and don't think I'm being insensative putting my fear infrount of her illness and who don't think I'm crazy.

Thank you,
    Sugar Skulls X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Oh dear

Hiya sugarskulls

I am so sorry to see your going through all this although i do not have emetophobia i can totally understand your panic etc at the situation your in atm

Only other people that suffer phobias realize how terrifying a bug etc can be so you are not being insensitive whatsoever, i suffer health anxiety so i can relate in someway as to how you feel :?

My youngest daughter came home from collage earlier said her boyfriend has suspected swine flu , i freaked told her oh thats f****g great if i get it i will die how selfish was i as she then went away to visit him i shouted stay with him until next month :lol:

I wish i knew what else to say here other than i am thinking of you and you certainly are not crazy

love dino
    xxxxx

love dino
    xxxxxx

Re: Oh dear

Why are things getting so much worse?!

This weekend was going to be so special, my Mum who I have only seen twice in the past three months was finally coming to stay with me. No screaming children in the way, just time for me and her.

But my siblings have stomach flu. I was meant to be going home with her this weekend for the holidays and I could get away from my student house where I'm at my wits end because of my flat mates who don't understand what I have at all. They're so mean! They act like I'm taking a freaking holiday instead of having to live of benefits because I'm mentally disabled! I mean jeeze, that's such a nasty thing to say.

I have no idea what to do, should I still get her to come up and then go home which means risking it or should I wait and stay miserable here? I'm in such a state! I need the support of someone who loves me unconditionally after so much stress but I'm so scared!

Any advice would be great, thank you for reading this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.