Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Scared and alone =(

Hi. I'm new to this forum but have been reading some of the topics and everyone seems so nice I'm hoping to get some general support.

For as long as I can remember sickness has been a huge thing for me. I have never been a sickly person and as a general thing I'm only ill every 3-4 years. For a while after I have been sick i am able to partially push this problem to the back of my mind although it's always there and always stops me from doing and experiencing a lot of things in life.

I have reached a point now where i have not been sick in just over 3 years and i am now freaking out as to me i have reached my deadline so any day i am likely to be sick =( These thoughts are in my head constantly from the second i wake up to going to sleep. It's got so bad now that i look forward to sleeping cos it's the only time my mind is quiet.

I have always avoided trying new foods and fairgrounds etc where i might be ill but it's reached a point now where i resent other people doing it in case they're sick afterwards when theyre around me. I have a wonderful boyfriend who tries his hardest to understand but he really just doesn't. To him being sick is just one of those unpleasant things that happens but you can't let it control you. This is really starting to effect our relationship as there as so many things i will not do like going out for a meal or going for a drink with friends.

I have been to the doctor a couple of times in the past month as i started to "feel sick" constantly (I'm pretty sure it was all in my mind as the nausea passed when i was busy). The doctor diagnosed me with IBS and said i needed to try to relax more. I didn't find this much help as when i am not busy my mind is filled with thoughts of sickness etc.

After ringing the doctor several more times i was advised it was all in my head but they have not offered to refer me to anyone to help get these destructive thoughts out of my head =(

I feel i am not being taken seriously because of my age (i am only 22) and have reached the end of my tether. I have cried myself to sleep so many nights and got myself into such a state i nearly make myself sick with anxiety.

Can anyone suggest anything i can do as i do not feel my doctor will help me any further and i am so tired of having my life controlled =(

I look forward to hearing from anyone =)

USA ,,,

Re: Scared and alone =(

Scared and Alone ,,

I hope that some of the ppl who also suffer what you are explaining do reply to u here,, we have a few ,, U are always welcome into the chat room where u can talk to others , and not feel so alone.. and the ppl there r understanding to your problems , as most suffer from some sort of problem themselves ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scotland, UK
    Oh dear hun
    I used to have the thing you described where i would imagine some sort of time period. 'Oh i was sick 2 years ago, so i will be sick every 2 years' but you should remember it's all in your mind. You probably won't at all, and certainly hopefully not.

I also had the constant nausea and fear that i was going to be sick every day.

Hope you find some advice and support. xx

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".
    Once you learn to look at things you want and enjoy those feelings, you'll be amazed at how amazing your life will be. I had a lot of issues growing up, but have moved on to to amazing things. Everyone can. Life is Perceptual.

Super Moderator
    I LOVE what you wrote, anxietynomore. Love that quote!! Thank you for sharing how important it is to be in charge of our thoughts.

how do i start a chat about this. i suffer from this daily

suffer from terrible emetophobia

looking to chat about anyone who suffers from this

I also have this fear..its always in your head whether you want it to be or not. i avoid anything that would cause me to vomit. and i know how you feel because its affecting my relationships also. i am 16, and its like no one believes me. Nothing i have tried has worked so far. I feel like i have no control over anything in my life because i never know when im going to be sick...