Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Thread: venlafaxine

venlafaxine

Hiya all

Has anyone been on venlafaxine / Effexor shrink is as a last ditch attempt as nothing else in the medical dictionary has worked for me :lol: she said this one she will start me on next week once i am of the Prothiaden

She assures me works a different way than other ssri's i have to start on 37.5 and increasing it weekly until im up to 150mg

Was just told i am anemic also ffs im a wreck

Any feedback on this med gratefully received thanks

hope they chill me like this :lol:

Re: venlafaxine

Hello Dino ,,

Yes I am on that . It is one of my meds I take , Plz do not worry .. This may be the one to work for u !
    I take 225 mgs,, a day .. I hope that eases your mind a bit,, altho may make u worry more that u may be acting like me !!! LOL<<<< :lol: :lol:

Love ya ,,
    xxxxxxxxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi dino my cousin is on venlafaxine she is on 150mg she gets on well with them she has been on them for a while and they work for her, molly-m xx

Dear flo and mollym

Many thanks to you both as ever for replying to me as i said atm still have a week to come down on the prothidan that did eff all , fingers crossed this new one does something i feel like a laboratory bloody guinea pig more fool me for trying them but i am determined one is going work somehow

Will let you know how they go

again for replying to me the loon tune :lol:

love dino
    xxxxxx

i just sent u a pm about venlafaxine dino i hope this one works for u im trying duloxetine nxt but doc is keeping venlafaxine in mind just in case i have used that b4 and it worked but at 75mg

Hiya Gert

Thank you for the pm and your kind reply i start the venlafaxine tomorrow doctor just phoned as i was typing this to tell me i am to be started on 37.5 and have it increased gradually

I hope the duloxetine works for you keep us posted as i will you

love dino
    xxxxxx

Hi Dino and all!

I am on Effexor (venlafaxine) and have been on it for almost 10 years now.

I started off with a pretty high dose, 300 mg per day. I was suicidal and in a total crisis when I started it. I am now down to 150 mg per day. I've been taking this "maintenance dose" of 150 mg/day for a few years now it it works pretty well for me. I'm ok most days.

Speaking from personal experience, Effexor has been the only anti-depressent that has worked for me. I was on Prozac, Elavil and a few others that I can't remember the names of back in the 90's. Most of them did nothing for me. Prozac made me more depressed and more suicidal. Prozac was the worst of all, in my experience.

The side effects I have had on Effexor are much less than the others I have been on. Prozac made me feel more suicidal and more depressed. Elavil made me feel numb and gain weight. The others really had no effect. On Effexor, I can manage my daily life. I still have ups and downs, but I am able to deal with them much better than on the other meds and much better than with no meds at all.

The side effects of Effexor I have had are dry mouth, I'm always thirsty, restlessment (I also have ADD and I get distracted easily), and dificulty getting to sleep.

The worst problem is if I miss my dose or run out. The withdrawal from Effexor is really bad. As long as I take Effexor on time, every day, I am ok. If I forget and miss my dose or run out and miss it, then I feel horrible! Unless you experience withdrawal from Effexor, you cant understand how horrible it feels.

Imagine electric shocks to your brain, electricity being sent all down your spinal cord, electric zaps to all your nerves in your whole body. I've had all that, any time I have missed a dose or have even been a few hours late taking my meds. ZAPS! Is all I can describe it as. A feeling of electricity zapping your brain, spine and nervs. Plus muscle twitching uncontrollably. It is like a total body and brain spasm. I dealt with that when I stepped down from 300 to 150 mg/day. I experience it when I miss a dose or am late taking my meds. Not a pleasant feeling! It is horrible! But in all, I am doing better on Effexor than without any meds and better than the other meds I have tried.

The unpleasant side effects are something to keep in mind. I think everyone has different brain and body chemistry, and sometimes it is trial and error when finding the right meds that work. For me, Effexor works pretty well, so long as I take it on time. The other meds I tried did not work. The side effects are tolerable, but the withdrawal from Effexor is horrible, for me at least. I think we are all different and it is hit and miss.

I am taking venlafaxine (effexor). It makes me feel so much better than the other drugs that I was taking. I was taking Celexa and remeron.. Both of those were not good for me. Made me feel suicidal.

I am not sure if any other men are taking this, but it helps with my sexuality. It makes my erections stronger and last really long. However, It does make it hard for me to get ejaculation. I have read the articles on this, and it is not uncommon. But I think the longer and stronger erection benefit out ways the lack of my orgasm. It makes me feel good to be able to go a long time, and it has really pleased my wife.