Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Life with Emetophobia: I'm here to help

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Im 18 years old and have been battling emetophobia for as long as I can remember. Beginning in about the seventh grade/adolescence is when all hell broke loose. I thought about throwing up nonstop every day. Its exhausting. I OBSESSED over it. I decided I did not ever want to have kids, for the fear of morning sickness. I felt guilty for leaving the room and hiding in a closet when my mom had the stomach flu. But it was just something I could not tolerate at all..But im proud to say that over the years and after several strategies of trying to overcome this phobia, I've come very close to showing it whose boss. This phobia will always be a part of me, but I dont have to let it control my every move anymore. The reason I'm here is because I'm very passionate about this issue and I'd like to raise awareness because I feel like many people dont understand our struggle and how paralyzing it can be. I want to help you guys and just have a place to talk to people who can relate to me!! So please, feel free to come to me!

Sincerely your fellow phobic,
    alyssa_monroe4

Emetophobia is a fear of vomiting. Most people don't know that this fear is common enough to have its own name. Yet vomit phobia can be a disabling condition which severely limits the lives of those who struggle with it.