Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Clonazepam for panic attacks

I'm taking Clonazepam to help me sleep. But I looked it up and it's primary use is supposed to be to help panic attacks. Hasn't worked too much for my panic attacks, but everyone's different. :idea:
    [color=#FF00BF][size=7]" Just when the caterpillar thought the world had ended, it became a butterfly!" ( by Unknown Source)[/size][/color]

My doc tried to switch me to this after .5mg of lorazpam was not help0ing with the attacks and I had a pardoxal effect on it and was have severe panic attacks the doc switched me back to lorazopam 1mg and it helps a hell of a lot better than clonzepam. That stuff was like a bad trip! Horrible didn;t kbnow what to do with myself afraid to be alone etc. Lorazopam def helps me better

Clonazepam does help me with panic attacks. If I take it under the tongue, it starts to work within a 1/2 hour. That's still a long time to wait when you're having a panic attack! I take it pretty regularly, in the morning before work and it lasts me. So, I don't have as many panic attacks. Lorazepam makes me feel queasy which only worsens my panic. I hate feeling sick, who doesn't? I think every drug works differently on people. The thing I HATE about benzodiazpines is the increased depression it brings. If you know the triggers for your panic (mine are social), maybe it would help to take it 1/2 hour to 1 hour before the event if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jojos View Post
    Clonazepam does help me with panic attacks. If I take it under the tongue, it starts to work within a 1/2 hour. That's still a long time to wait when you're having a panic attack! I take it pretty regularly, in the morning before work and it lasts me. So, I don't have as many panic attacks. Lorazepam makes me feel queasy which only worsens my panic. I hate feeling sick, who doesn't? I think every drug works differently on people. The thing I HATE about benzodiazpines is the increased depression it brings. If you know the triggers for your panic (mine are social), maybe it would help to take it 1/2 hour to 1 hour before the event if possible.
    hi jody I take clonazepam aswell 150 .5 mg tablets a month... its only getting worse started at 60 then 90 then 120 now up to 150