Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Only me phobics Resident hyprochondiac back :P

Seriously does anyone get like a where it feels ike a hairball stuck in your throat for weeks plus i need to keep clearing my throat cos of phlem and this feeling of it is going close up

I do have like post nasal drip and i know smoking aint helping i have cut down then i worry and light up another one bloody idiot i am :huh:

When i eat sometimes it is like food is stuck there in middle o my throat for ages and i notice at times it sorto stings but is not like a tonsilitis sore throat its an annoying scaring the shit out me feeling what if its a tumour :mellow:

I phoned pharmasict asked did this sound terminal he said no so why cant i believe him , he thought it could o been the antibiotics i was taking 2 weeks ago for a sinus infection gp told me to stop after four days tht was my 2nd lot as he said he though cos of the sore throat i was becoming allergic to them (i never heard of this i always assumed if you were allergic to something it happened more or less straight away but surely there both not wrong )

He then explained he thinks it is cos im constantly clearing my throat my larynx is swollen and scratced causing the feelings of a lump i know its not that globus hystericus cos i had that before this feels differant ,and he told me to sook sweets and it should go away in about two weeks

I had sore throat before taking new meds but this morning about 5 mins after swallowing one that stingiee sensation was there now im panicking what if im also allergic to them but at same time im saying its only cos the capsule maybe dissolved on sore bit oh ffs im a nutter

Now only good replies no one say go to your gp cos im to bloody petrified don't want to know if im croaking can't handle it so will just drive myself insaner sitting here panicking like a fruitcake again for another few weeks until a new aliment has me closer to an asylum <_<

Sorry had to get this off my chest did try to make it my usual sorto lighthearted way but i am here a nervous wreck again twat or what

love dino
    xxxx

<span style='color:red'>Hiya, Dino</span>

<span style='color:blue'>First of all, I hereby challenge you to the title of ........</span>

[Break here while Gord feels for a pulse, checks blood pressure, etc]

<span style='color:blue'>......... Resident Hypochondriac. :P :P :P

Secondly, about allergies, I remember when I was a kid I had pneumonia three times in one year (I was an Idiot Child who took many years to grasp the concept of wearing warm clothes or a raincoat when going out...) and was treated with pennicilin. It was only on the third occasion that I developed an allergy to the drug. So that delayed action is perhaps a possibility in your case?

I can also see how coughing a lot could cause a problem. The worst case of something like this I had was actually from having eaten something bad and v****ed violently as a result. The pain/lump-in-throat sensation stayed with me (gradually getting better) for about 5 days afterwards. It felt like I'd pulled a small muscle in my throat/larynx. Anyway, it got better so I phoned up the funeral parlour and got them to put everything on hold for the time being.

Whatever it is, I hope yours clears up soon, gal.

All the best.

Love
    </span>

<span style='color:red'>Gord</span>
    <span style='color:green'>xxxxx</span>
    [b][color=#008000]JADE[/color] -- [color=#0000FF]The Mental Health Website & Chat Room for Under-16s[/color][/b]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sounds very familiar. i always have a "lump in my throat", clear it all the time. i also have trouble swallowing. dr says it is a combo of smoking too much causing too much mucus, anxiety making me notice it more, and my thyroid could contribute to it. i always feel like i have something stuck in my throat.

as for drug allergies, the body can take several exposures to some things before showing symptoms, once shown they can be worse each time exposed. i took ALOT of penicillin when i was young, at least a couple times a year, had my first reaction to it when my oldest daughter was born and i ended up with an infection. just hives that time but dr told me i would probably go into anaphalactic shock if i ever took it again.

same with bee stings, no problem when i was a kid, about 16 got stung and had hives, about 18 got stung again and went into anaphalactic shock, nearly died.

cancel the funeral arrangements please, we can't spare you and neither can that sweet little baby girl.

love and huggles
    lost
    [b][color=#BF40BF][size=7]love yourself first, others will follow[/size][/color][/b]

Hi dino, i've had the same thing myself i went doctors about 5 times last year, i was given antibiotics for a throat infection but that feeling of a lump would not go away and i was constantly clearing my throat and it felt like there was something stuck, i was panicking so much i was making it worse when i eventually stopped thinking about it it went away, the doctor said it was severe anxiety, it really did worry me for about 4 months though, i managed to cut my cigs down though because of it, molly-m xx

Quote Originally Posted by molly-m
    Hi dino, i've had the same thing myself i went doctors about 5 times last year, i was given antibiotics for a throat infection but that feeling of a lump would not go away and i was constantly clearing my throat and it felt like there was something stuck, i was panicking so much i was making it worse when i eventually stopped thinking about it it went away, the doctor said it was severe anxiety, it really did worry me for about 4 months though, i managed to cut my cigs down though because of it, molly-m xx
    Hi yes i have had this feeling for years, & At 1st is soo scary i used to think it would stop me breathing. :blink:

Hiya everyone

Thank you all for replying i'm relieved to see im not alone with this ,i have been allergic to pennicilin.all my life this was some other antibiotic but i aint sure if it was indeed that i'm only going along with what doc and pharmacist said but tbh i think i had this lump feeling before i even took them omg i'm also losing my mind whats left of it ffs lol :lol: wait i need a fag before typing more

For some unknown reason it went away for about 2 hours last night but is back today with a vengence one more question then i promise not to moan for at least another 3 days lol but do any of you also lose your voice like not in silence hubby would love that lol but it is like the build up of phlem is there loads hence my constant throat clearing omg i hope i'm making sense here :huh: oh and the stingiee feeling as if it is sctatched inside and at back of palate causing constant swallowing to :mellow:

I have even got myself convinced that my two border collies have caused a build up of there hair to go into my throat causing a massive hairball how insane am i but i can blame my mother for that as when i was younger i was always told if you swallow that chewing gum it be stuck or if you swallow apple pips a tree will grow out your lugs i have been maimed for life no childline in these days to call :lol: :lol:

Gord only you funeral parlour on hold ffs i swear if this is still here next week i'll be booking them myself ,

Thank you all again for putting up with my insanity it is really appriciated

love dino
    xxxxx

i get full blown larangitis at least twice a year, and about 2 1/2 years ago(while i was still working) i got a bacterial infection in my vocal cords. that really sucked. i could not talk at all. i couldn't force out a sound. the scratchyness in your throat is probably a combo of smoking and throat clearing. i do it all the time. dr says the phlem is because of the smoking which makes my throat slightly raw so my body makes it to keep it from hurting .

try warm tea with honey in it. or if you can stand the sweet, just a teaspoon full of honey. it is soothing and will help get rid of any kind of infection.

lost
    [b][color=#BF40BF][size=7]love yourself first, others will follow[/size][/color][/b]

"if you swallow apple pips a tree will grow out your lungs"
    <span style='color:red'>Honestly, Dino!! How bloody ridiculous!!! </span>

<span style='color:blue'>Everyone knows the tree will grow from your STOMACH.

(The first green shoot will come out of your bellybutton, OK? So keep an eye out...)

Love</span>

<span style='color:red'>Gord</span>
    <span style='color:green'>xxxxxx</span>
    [b][color=#008000]JADE[/color] -- [color=#0000FF]The Mental Health Website & Chat Room for Under-16s[/color][/b]

my sister told me watermellon grew in your stomach from seeds, then showed us our pregnant neighbor to prove her point. i was about 7 and actually believed her. i still freak if i swallow a water mellon seed.

lost

Gordon are ye going blind i said lugs not lungs :lol: :lol: lugs =earholes pmsl just thought i'd clear this bit of confusion up lol :lol:

Lost what are we like lol :lol:

Today my throats still as bad hubbys bought me some honey so will try it in a bit do i just sook it from bottle omg i swear if i had a brain i'd be dangerous :lol:

To make things worse i noticed last night i lost my silver ring i wear on my pinkies gone awol have looked everywhere to no avail have convinced myself it might of landed in my pan o broth soup i made yesterday and that it to is now lodged in my throat omg there coming to take me away ffs :unsure:

Will report back on this post next week hoping this has eased a bit cos seriously it is freaking me out huge time ,thanks again gord and lost for alway's cheering me up

love dino
    xxxxxxx