Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
    Hi Im new to this forum and only discovered it last night. Im a 36 year old mum of two and have a boy 15 years and girl 17 years. I worry constantly about everything...in fact, i never relax. It really affecting my children at the moment because they want to go out and explore the world and to a degree I let them go out...but the the problem is, i text them or phone them constantly. Im convinced something bad is going to happen to them, i.e, get stabbed, dragged into a car or van, all sorts of bad things. When i think about it logically I know its very unlikely these things will happen but Im panicked when theyre out of my sight and I worry they will be murdered. I want to protect them and now my daughter wants to go into town on a saturday evening and stay out until 2pm and I dont think its safe. I know she will be 18 in two months and then I wont be able to do anything about it. They are so good and always text me to tell me they are ok but I worry all the time about everything. I work with vulnerable children who are out all the time and either live in care or with parents who dont care. This causes more anxiety but I love my job.
    My son has OCD and is constantly sniffing his hands and straightening his clothes. He irons them, then he proceeds to use cellotape to get rid or any dust or hair on them, I cant even see any but I know he thinks there is. He has a couple of spots at the moment and he is constantly worrying about them.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or even anyone who has the same experiences as me.
    Many thanks in advance
    Angie x

Angie,,,

I was also like you worrying about my family to the point of running out to follow every sirene I heard,,, It is an awful feeling ,,, I can relate ..
    Nice to meet u and hope to talk to u in chat ...

FLORENCE XXX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by FLORENCE
    Angie,,,

I was also like you worrying about my family to the point of running out to follow every sirene I heard,,, It is an awful feeling ,,, I can relate ..
    Nice to meet u and hope to talk to u in chat ...

FLORENCE* XXX
    Hi Florence!
    Thanks so much for getting back to me so soon.....how do I use chat? x

Angie, Hi!

I am only in chat occasionally, but will recommend it to you. We are a very friendly bunch and you will be able to chat to other members who have similar worrys/fears as your own.

Look forward to chatting to you soon.

Margo x

p.s. If you click on phobics awareness at top of left hand page, you will see a link for the chatroom. Just follow the instructions there and you should be able to get into chat no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by margo
    Angie, Hi!*

I am only in chat occasionally, but will recommend it to you.* We are a very friendly bunch and you will be able to chat to other members who have similar worrys/fears as your own.*

Look forward to chatting to you soon.

Margo x
    p.s.* If you click on phobics awareness at top of left hand page, you will see a link for the chatroom.* Just follow the instructions there and you should be able to get into chat no problem.*

Thanks Margo

Nice to speak to you! . I tried to get into the chatroom but my computer keeps coming up 'not responding' will keep trying though.
    Thanks for welcoming me
    Angie x

Quote Originally Posted by anjlovescats
    Thanks Margo

Nice to speak to you! . I tried to get into the chatroom but my computer keeps coming up 'not responding' will keep trying though.
    Thanks for welcoming me
    Angie x
    Ive done it now...just had to update my computer java settings

Hiya anjlovescats

A huge welcome to phobics i look forward to meeting you in chat

love dino
    xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    Hiya anjlovescats

A huge welcome to phobics i look forward to meeting you in chat*

love dino
    xxxxx

Thank you Dino....i feel like i have friends already x

Re: OCD or GAD..Not sure

Hello Angie, Like you worry about your kids, I worry all the time about my dog. I love him more than anything in the entire universe and the worrying is getting out of control. My husband wants to walk with him to the beach, sometimes I am busy with things and can't go with them, then I let them walk to the beach, but he has to take the walkie talkie with him so I can check to see if they are ok. I have horror visions all the time like you have about your children. It causes me to get nauseated sometimes. I do rituals and pray all the time. My OCD rituals cause severe exhaustion. I often am suicidal. I have no support group where I live, people avoid me. That's why I joined this group. It's good to talk to others who can relate. I read books which calm my mind. I recommend the books by Esther Hicks and Thich Nhat Hanh. Take care. Nicola

i really cant believe what you are saying, i am so happy to know i am not the only one with this problem, yet i feel so sorry for you because i know the pain you are going through. I came for help because I feel like i am absolutely going crazy..My daughters are now 21 and 23 and i am EXACTLY the same way...it is so horrific for me now that i can now longer sleep most nights because i stay awake and wrry about my grown children and i imagine they are going to be abducted, murdered or raped when they are not in my sight..i can imagine so many scenerios that it becomes real in my mind. and like yourself when i know they are safe or sure and only then, i can rationalize about how ridiculous my thoughts are and how unlikely anything i imagine would ever happen. but while im going through these thoughts i become crazed to the point that i cant function at any level...my fears at this time are mostly geared to my 21 year old , who recently got a job as a waitress in a bar close to the college she attends. i text her sometimes over 50 times a night while she is at work , hoping for a response so i know at that moment she is safe...alll the while i am aware that she is super busy and can not text back so this triggers horrible thoughts in my head such as, :maybe she never even made it in to work: or maybe she left early and someone raped or abducted her and it escalates to the point of no return i cant stop texting till i get an answer,,,and even after she answers it all starts again ,,,its especially bad between the hours of two am and three am when she is on her way home.she suffers from terrible deppresion and now anxiety and i feel to blame for most of it..i feel my compulsions make her feel incompitant and incapable but nothing i know can make me stop doing and feeling and thinking my thoughts . what is wrong with me? i feel like i am absolutely crazy and im scared. Is this ocd, or gad or something else? im at witts end and i cant go on much longer like this. I feel like i am going to have a heartattack soon if i dont get help.and i am overwhelmed with guilt for what i am doing to my daughters well being. Plse , any advice or feedback will help me so much.oh and i must add when my daughter was 14 , i reluctantly let her stay at a friends for a sleep over after checking with every parent and calling the house several times i thought i was doing something great because up until that point i never let her sleep out anywhere.. well my baby was raped and thus i have never ever been able to get over it and that is what triggered her depresion I always blame myself thinking that it was my fault for going against my better judgment and allowing her to sleep out. i think this incident made my obsesion over my children much much worse.and think it may have triggered ptsd im myself as well.