Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hiya Margo !!!!

Oh yeah and I knew the song lol :lol:

see you can guess this one "It's Friday and it's five to five it's ..................... "

Haha I bet you got it !!!!

[youtube]sTO1V8RG2Ss[/youtube]

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

HaHa !!!!

I just found this one too I used to rush home from School to watch this..... 1978 is that really when it started WOW !!!!

[youtube]hsMVEp3XtQQ[/youtube]

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

I left school in May 1978 and started my first job in August 1978, but I do remember watching Grange Hill at the beginning. I think that may be because my job finished just after 4pm, so I was home in time to see it. I think I probably only watched it for a couple of years because I only remember the earlier characters e.g. Zammo, Tucker (Todd Carty) and Susan Tully (can't remember her character name). I do remember that the girls in the programme were VERY surly LOL.

My favourite programmes were Double Deckers (shown during summer holidays), Swop Shop on a Saturday morning, Little House on the Prairie, Basil Brush and Crackerjack. My dad LOVED Basil Brush and Crackerjack. He was such a big kid ha ha.

TV was not a big thing in the early 70's for us kids. We were all too busy out playing. There wasn't an awful lot of TV for kids anyway. You had Watch with Mother for the little ones at lunchtime which was just a 15 minute programme and Children's TV for an hour or so in the afternoon before the news. TV programmes in the afternoon as I recall where Blue Peter, Magpie, Crackerjack, Scoobydoo, Animal Magic, (shown on different days and either BBC1 or ITV) and the news was on about quarter to six on BBC as I recall. The Magic Roundabout was usually shown just before the news and in my late teens I remember Roobarb and Custard was shown just before the news. There used to be fights in our house because us kids wanted to watch Scooby Doo but my dad wanted to watch Blue Peter. We only had one TV and didn't get colour until 1975/6! My dad had a bit of a dilemma because he also like Magpie, which clashed with Blue Peter. I think he only wanted to watch Magpie because he fancied the female presenters, Susan Stranks and Jenny ?

Because we lived in Scotland, we did not see much children's TV during the summer holidays as our holidays started at end of June to mid August. The summer TV programme did not start until the English school holidays. A bit of bias there methinks LOL. I remember that every summer holidays it was the same stuff shown i.e. Double Deckers, Casey Jones (USA, black and white), White Horses (Foreign dubbed import, Black and White), Belle and Sebastien (foreign dubbed import, black and white). Later on we got the Banana Splits which I liked. I think that may have got shown on a Saturday too, and HR Pufnstuf. My elder sister liked HR Pufnstuf, because she fancied Jack Wild hee hee.

Margo x

Oh wow Margo!!!!

What a good memory you have there tis yes true way back then we were playing out alot more I think that's why we have such speacial favorites of TV as there wasn't as much as there is today.

I remember all the characters you mentioned there too some ended up in Eastenders and The Bill of course oh and Shamless too ( Brilliant programe )

Margo where you out climbing trees like I was, I got into so much trouble my mum said no matter where I went I came home covered in mud lol :lol:

I think it was probs cos I wasn't really Tom Boyish but I tried to keep up with my 3 brothers and I was so tiny I got lost all the time and my big brother used to beg my mum not to let me follow him PMSL !!!! awwwwwwww they were the days !!!!!!

Anyway heres some more of my TV favorites from my childhood

[youtube]Ga23iSxyXO4[/youtube]

[youtube]c3DcChXNyYQ[/youtube]

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

I LOVED climbing trees Anna. There was a 'wood' beside our house which was a dream for tree climbers LOL. We used to build dens in the woods using anything we could find and my mum would give us bowls and send us into the woods to collect brambles to make bramble jelly. OMG, I cannot imagine sending my kids into the woods now. Such a shame that our kids are much more restricted now.

There was one incident I remember well when I was a kid. My mum had bought us new clothes and told us not to go near a 'burn' which was near to our house. It was like a magnet to us kids because it also had a tunnel close by to it and we would have races going through the tunnel without getting our feet wet. Anyway, we were told that if we went near the burn, we were in big trouble. Of course, I ignored the warning and went anyway. Guess what? Not only did I fall in the water, I ripped the sleeve of my new blouse. I got a good slap when I got home!

Do you remember the old roller skates that were metal with leather straps and laces? I don't know if you did this, but we lived at the top of a steep hill and we would place an old annual on top of the skate and then sit on it. We would then go down the hill at some speed (no brakes obviously, we used our feet to steer and brake). It was great fun!!!! Mind you, there weren't very many cars then in our street, so it was a lot safer. I read a poem a couple of years ago in the newspaper which was about life as a child in the 70's. I must try and find it, because it was a brilliant piece of writing and I could relate to everything that was said in it. The message in the poem was that we got up to stuff every day which would be classed as too dangerous now but we all somehow survived

Margo x

Hiya Margo !!!!

Oh I remember going blackberry picking and hazel nuts too when I lived in Germany the area was coverd in Hazel Nut Trees not very tasty mind lol

I used to take my girls out to pick the blackberries they used to love it, aww I should tell my sister inlaw to take my neice and nephew out they would love it too I'm sure bless em too.

Oh yes I do remember those skates Margo I loved them too and we had a steep hill where we lived and I used to exactly like you said I used my Bunty Album to sit on PMSL oh and we used to hold on to the back of my brother's chopper Bike (they were such dangerous things, they were banned wern't they)

One christmas I asked Father Christmas for new skates and a red velvet Tracksuit
    LoL I got the tracksuit but I still got the tie and buckle on Skates grrrrrrrr I meant
    the Roller Boots I wasn't a happy bunny PMSL !!!!

I hope you find the poem I would love to read it and pass it on

Now you remember watching this [youtube]8bondpyCgKo[/youtube] SppppoooOOOOOkkkkyyyyyy !!!!!!!! hahaha !!!!

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

Awww Anna ,,,
    I have just now found my roundabout ,,, LOL ,,,,

FLORENCE xxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[youtube]pexVTVMkt8c[/youtube]

Anna I am going to post some of Kel and My fav's this one was a Canadian bit called the polka dot door from when I was a bitty thing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have a great day!!!!

Funky

Here are a couple more of my Fav's Picture Pages was a piece done as part of Sesame Street. I still have the whole song memorized!
    [youtube]8qgBjoL_auM[/youtube]

Fraggle Rock was another american fav! I had a fish named Freddie!
    [youtube]TSDeoO-j3G0[/youtube]

Have a great day!!!!

Funky

these are my fave 2:

[youtube]iDs8VMz-cuc[/youtube]

and

[youtube]VthsQVsXwEg[/youtube]

but theres sooooo many lol

great topic anna xx

love natalie xxxx