Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks jk

Thanks jk for adding this section on

Are you plagued by fears about your body or health?

Are you suffering from Health Anxiety?

Then post here for some advice oh ffs look at me being all posh :lol:

omg im never going to be off o this one im such a twat i am dying of something new everyday :lol:

Just to open this section i thought i'd add a few lighthearted pics although believe me when i say i know from bitter experiance just how crippling health anxiety is but if we cannot have a wee laugh at our own expense theres no hope is there B)

thanks for the smile dino, i really needed it today.

and thank you for the new forum jk

lost
    [b][color=#BF40BF][size=7]love yourself first, others will follow[/size][/color][/b]

Thx JK .. very good section,,

Dino Yes you are so posh ,, u just hide it most of the time,, Now the real you shows through ,,Posh !! Polished and Posh ,,,,,

I think that all of can relate to this topic ,, we have been there or r there or sometimes it will forever be a part of our makeup,,,what makes us who we r ,,,

FLORENCE xxxxx

Can u guess which one I am ?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hiya Everyone !!!!

Thanks Tech Man for the new Thread !!!!

Just a question in my head at the moment is do any of you have food issues, by that I mean when your anxiety is high do any of you go off food all together.

I know that when my anxiety is bad the first thing out the window is food.

I have had a real issue with food since I was a teenager, always underweight I used to only eat very little or sometimes miss out meals all together.

My Dr told me that with some anxiety sufferers they burn up alot of calories just by all the fretting we do which was very much me,

My Dr also always told me to eat little and often, so I do try I love fresh fruit and vegatables which I started to grow myself a number of years ago. My weight tends to fluctuate but at the moment I'm doing good so I'm ok at the moment.

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

Thanks so much for this board.

Still suffering from the 'hormonal' anxiety and pains in the belly, etc. Trying so hard NOT to search the net about it because it always pulls up the crazy crap.

Had a bad stomach virus two weeks ago and family has it now so I'm freaking and spraying LYSOL EVERYWHERE!

I feel so dumb part of the time but I just ... cannot have it again and don't wanna ever ever go to the hospital unless i HAVE to go.

Anyways, Yes I have food issues.

Sometimes, I just don't eat.

I think that is 'don't eat and don't get sick' mentality. The same goes for germs. I wash my hands till they crack, spray everything, etc.

((HUGS))

i have the food issues from anxiety. i used to eat too much most of the time but always got sick as the first reaction to stress. then my stress levels got so high a few years ago i just quit eating all together. it got to the point that the last couple years i worked my hubby would make me eat before i left the house.

since the anxiety attacks got bad 2 years ago i just have no appetite at all. i eat when i remember, or if i go too long without then one of my kids or hubby will just bring food and make me eat. i do eat whatever and whenever i happen to get hungry for something.

lost
    [b][color=#BF40BF][size=7]love yourself first, others will follow[/size][/color][/b]

Hiya Anna

I to have food issues in that some days i eat like a pig then i can go off everything due to the anxiety making me very nauseous etc

Now please everyone dont laugh im here today convinced i have samonella cos monday hubby bought some ham now ready for this cos my sinuses are so blocked i can never smell anything and i ate some on a wee roll next day yesterday hubby opens fridge and recoiled saying wtf's that smell i looked only thing in fridge that could smell was the ham i took it out inspected it it was green yet sell by date aint until 27th this month <_<

To make me even more insane than i am already my mum bought same ham and guess what she collapsed outside a shop yesterday and has same sickness and Diarrhea as me but then again im always feeling like shite so im here trying to tell myself if it was serious id be croaked by now ffs omg told you jk is gng regret day he answered my e mail asking him to add on a health anxiety section lol :lol:

oh i need to ask as im here does anyone here also get so exhausted for months on end just doing a simple chore and you end up needing to lie down again and again omg im off ffs lol :unsure: i know part of this is due to me being housebound for so long but i cant seem to break the cycle of being able to do things due to weakness,dizziness etc etc

if im no here tomorrow i've croaked o food poisoning or one of my other many aliments oh ffs there really is no hope for me is there :lol:

love dino
    xxxxxx

don't you dare croak on us miss dino

lost

Hiya lost

I'm still here hanging by a thread now i'm going to be a pain in the arse again here and ask anyone reading this whats the longest they have been housebound and i mean by that never been further than say a mile by car or never walked more than say a five min walk :unsure:

Reason im asking is cos although yes i maybe went to one or two poxy appoints in last year basically that has been it and that was only 2 min drives and few steps

I want to know if anyone has any tips on how to hell i can get back a bit of my life back as even trying to get out bed atm is an achievement to stay up for more than say 2 hours as every simple task i do drains me and if i say even try to just tell myself ok sit watch tv or read i can't even seen to do that without panicking only respite i get from my symptoms is when im asleep and since months and months even then i can seriously say i have never ever slept more than a cple o hours without waking in either a panic or dreading the next day how sad am i ffs :mellow:

I have wonderful husband and lee our severlly handicapped son still at home and i have seriously lay in bed thinking wtf am i doing to them even the poor puppy i got thinking it would get my arse in gear and out hasent worked on an odd day when i try to stand at door or go in garden after only throwing a tiny ball to him after say 2 mins thts it im again knackered both physically and mentally now my mind tells me its cos i have been so inactive for so so long but how to hell do i break this cycle when feeling so ill

Oh ffs see i told you all this was a bad idea having this section on here as i swear i be bk again tom moaning about something else

if anyone else is as insane as me but i doubt it very much please reply

love dino
    xxxxx

(((((dino)))))

i am looking for the answer too. i just know that this has to change. as soon as i figure out how to fix it i will let you know, but you have to tell me if you fix it first. lol

lost