Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
    Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin I'm 24 years old and I think I have anxiety... well health anxiety to be exact and I hope this is a place I can find some answers on what is really going on inside my head.

A little background info on where I think my anxiety started.

A few weeks ago well nearly a month now I had a routine physical and went through the loops and bounds of it, I had blood work done which showed high triglycerides and liver function. I had another blood test done to rule out hepatitis since that is one cause of a high liver function test, that came back negative so that was good. So my doc wanted me to get a ultrasound done which I did and he couldn't see anything. I was pretty freaked out because I'm a pretty healthy guy I became lazy when I got my job for web design, the only thing was my horrible diet and lack of exercise which was caused by me being lazy. so I went for a ct scan and they were able to see some fatty liver.. which is expected with what I described above with blood work and LFT.

So once all that was done my doc told me to just eat right and work out to get my weight down. I was @ 248 the first time I saw him back in late may and when I saw him back in june I was down to 235. I was really stoked and excited you know.

Before I went to the doctors, I had no worries of health and nothing ever came to my mind about being sick or worry about this dot on my arm. I can now say since I've been and a few weeks after I was fine until I started to look for things on my arms or my eyes. I really think I have health anxiety I jump to worst case situations thinking I have this disease or that one.. I'm gonna die today or what not. I started to google them online and see if I have any symptoms listed.. I really hate this, I'm driving my girlfriend mad and my parent's asking them to feel if I have a bump or if I look sick. I get the same response, your ok! your fine and I do know I just had a physical and everything came back great. I think me thinking about it's draining me mentally and emotionally and I want to feel normal again. I feel my self thinking about every breath I take and wondering if that was normal or if I feel normal sitting at work. Sometimes I think stress is causing me to be sick and I'm fabricating a pain in my neck or something. I hate this and I hope I can find some way of understanding it and overcoming anxiety.

I do apologize for such a lengthy introduction and I greatly appreciate the chance to introduce my self.

Cheers!

Hiya kam07

There are so many people in here that will relate to you very lovely people, hope to see you join the live chat too,

Love
    Anna
    xxxx

Hello kam07.....

Nice to meet you .. you will find this a very friendly and supportive place ,,,

FLORENCE xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hiya Kam07

A huge welcome to the forum i also suffer health anxiety as do many here ,hope to see you in chat sometime where you will find loads of support aswell as on here

love dino
    xxxxxx

Welcome Kam
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kar

hiya kam welcome

welcome to here its lovely and caring and supportive. nice to meet you

jenx