Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: Abilify

Has anyone else been on Abilify? I was wondering if it was any good for bi polar and if it has any side effects.

Hi karleey,
    I was on abilify for a very short period of time. It actually worked pretty well for me, but I have a condition called lupus (an autoimmune disorder) and the side effect made my lupus sores worse. I wish I could have stayed on it, but wasn't willing to sacrifice my skin for it. The other side effect I had from it was kind of a restless leg thing going on, but it wasn't a really big deal.
    Sorry I couldn't any more helpful.

I started Abilify 5mg yesterday. I also take wellbutrin 300mg. I am so sleepy sitting here at my desk..

My second day on Abilify, made me really sick. I am not sure if it was because I didn't have anything to eat, or I was dehydrated from my lasix pill. Either way, I was sweating, and my felt nausiated all day.

Today is my third day. Right now, it is morning, and I feel ok. I will let ya know tommorow if I feel any different.

Hang in there Smiley. I had some of the same reactions when I started taking Nardil. Not sure why, but it made me soooooo tired.
    As the days went on, my system slowly got used to it. I that it 3 times a day now and no side effects at all. NONE!! I know it sounds easy for me to say 'hang in there', but I'm going to do it anyway. Hang in there, each day gets better !!!!!

On this day 3 or 4 or whatever it is, I am feeling better. The last couple of days, My eyes were burning like they were really tired..

Next week, I start this program with the VA that will last a month. TRP traumatic recovery program. It is supposed to help people cope with problems. I am looking forward to it.

Good job Smiley.......Keep up the good work. Only good things to look forward to !!!

Very good smiley. Thats a very good spirit to have. Well Wished to you
    CHRIS CAVICCHIA
    Chris Cavicchia for forums
    Chris_C for chat room