Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more meds?

Thankyou margo & jenanne - am feeling so much more positive already. Think I knew I needed to ask again for help - just needed a friendly shove in the right direction.....sometimes, when my anxiety is bad, my logic and brain seem to part company!!

Jade, fabulously sneaky!!! will deffo try it, is so easy to forget that doctors are "employed " by us! - power to the people!!!! lol

Rowan x

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    Thankyou margo & jenanne - am feeling so much more positive already. Think I knew I needed to ask again for help - just needed a friendly shove in the right direction.....sometimes, when my anxiety is bad, my logic and brain seem to part company!!

Jade, fabulously sneaky!!!* will deffo try it, is so easy to forget that doctors are "employed " by us! - power to the people!!!! lol

Rowan x
    Hi Rowan .. yeah anxiety is really bad without meds. My doctor took me off my meds for a while and I really wasn't coping .. hope you get better soon!

karleey

hi rowan, i have just been taken off my med and am really just taking it one day at a time, i feel the best thing you can do is destract yourself as i find this really helps, i personaly have no desire to go back on my meds because of how they made me feel and i was on them way longer than i was suposed to be so just take it one day at a time and there is nothing wrong with going back on meds but i think small steps is the key take care

Paul/LionHeart
    What Happened And Why? I No Longer Need To Know

how are you doing now rowan??
    panic at the disco! lol

I know this is an old thread but thought id throw my 2 cents in. With regards to overcoming problems without the meds - Can be done I am doing it no meds and have been for most of it. I think meds are ok for a while but still sooner or later your going to have to learn how to tame the beast without them and be able to built up tolernace and coping techniques through exposure etc. I wouldnt say not to 'treat' it just that treatment doesnt always have to be meds. But certainly dont leave yourself without meds if you have no other source of teatment or support.

Also Id like to draw attention to some of Jades comments. And please no offense is intented to you Jade I think its very importnant to rememeber that while you FEEL your in a crisis the best thing you can do is be aware and conscious that 'this' isnt an emergency and its ok for you to slow down and take the time to think about what you have to do. When your rushing on the inside is the perfect time to remind yourself this and really take the time to just slow down. Its the last thing you want to do at the time but really its the only answer to overcoming this and gettng on top of everything again. Take as long as you need to see the Docotr at her office. If you have to sit in the carpark while you wait or take a friend and some nice music or whatever will hlp slow you down, do what ever you can and its ok to take as long as you need to get the things done that you have to.

At the end of the day the whole reason your seeing the Dr is to get you back on target so its about how you do that and the old 'its the journey not the destination' cliche. Its not about just getting the Dr visit over and done with its about you getting over this so please remember that and work it into your mind set.

I hope that makes sense to you

hello my name is leah, im going thru this nitemare aswell
    i jst started going too c a counciler not sure how its gonna go but it a worth a try iv only been twice so im gonna give it a good go, its nice 2 speak 2 people who r living it aswell coz unless u have it you will never understand xxx
    do u all suffer from agoraphobia or other things??
    mine is anxiaty panic attacks and agoraphobia,XX

[quote=leah fullager,Aug 15 2008, 07:47 AM]
    hello my name is leah, im going thru this nitemare aswell
    i jst started going too c a counciler not sure how its gonna go but it a worth a try iv only been twice so im gonna give it a good go, its nice 2 speak 2 people who r living it aswell coz unless u have it you will never understand xxx
    do u all suffer from agoraphobia or other things??
    mine is anxiaty panic attacks and agoraphobia,XX

[/quot

Hi, have been off page for quite a while - is a sorry state of affairs when you feel too anxious to chat to people ovet the net in your own house lol

Just wondering, how everyone is doing?

Thankyou for all your replies

Rowan x

hi rowan,

i know how you feel. i do ok on the forum, but usually clam up and run in chat, feels like i am actually in a room full of people.

lost
    [b][color=#BF40BF][size=7]love yourself first, others will follow[/size][/color][/b]

lol lost, you and me can start our own little group - we can just stand in the corner looking furtive n' feeling awkward, we could even name it a "not-a-lot-of-chat room" ^_^