Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back in the gym

Well Thought i would treat myself to a accomplishment. Just before last week i decided this years goal was to conquer the fear of exerting myself.......and before all you lovely ladies say "dont all men have that problem" lol ive had a fear of getting out of breath in case my heart stops and when i do get out of breath you can normally guarantee a good old panic attack.

3 years ago i had my breakdown which put me into hospital for 3 weeks and after that i lost all functionality. Then my phobias began to grow to the point of not being able to even be on my own. With thereapy and great support from my family and 2 years of the support of all my dear freinds here i have been able to control most of my anxiety as it comes.....unless i aint looking then it bites me on the arse big time but i know its just a case of talking here and giving it time then you can return to control.

well ive had 1 week at the gym 3 panic attacks 1 on a treadmill lol nearly shot off through the window eveyone thought i was really unfit they didnt know i was hyperventilating through panic . Im trying to beat it and i hope i can.

I cant thank everyone enough here for being so freindly and supportive these past few weeks i have really realized what a large part phobics has played in my support as ive said before its like group therapy at a touch of a button.....Thanks to everyone here. Sorry for the long mind numbing post ..snipes

hi sniper,youve done really well you have come a long way,you keep going mate,your an inspiration to us all,,loves n hugs ,,jan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sniper ,, don't think we have really had a chance to chat ,,,but I can relate to your feelings ,,as I was pretty much the same way ,,, It has been 15 yrs this april for me.. Since about five yrs ago I started to walk everyday with hubby and didn't get too far at first.. but kept at it until now I am walking just short of 3 mi a day , alone.
    I have since taken up swimming in the am at a local high school ,,whenever I can get there ,at least twice a week...I was very hesitant at first to even be seen in a swim suit in public let alone show my inferior skills at swimming ..but it feels so good after a half hour of what ever exercise I can do in the water that I am hooked...

OK enough,,what I am trying to say is do not give up Bravo!!! to u for going ,,,,it will become a habit ,,,if u start to panic ,,,work through it and go back ,,it will work out for you! It is like panic in reverse if you keep at it , you use the same energy that u would to have an attack to do your workout !! Strange how that works !!

You are doing a great job Sniper!!!!

FLORENCE xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dear Sniper
    You know what you are a great bloody insperation ,and it is by reading posts such as your's that gives me hope

Keep up the good work snipes your a bloke in a million
    love dino
    xxxxxx
    ps:keep the treadmill doon low :lol: :lol:

I really admire you Sniper. I have the same thoughts as you. My worst panic attack was when I had finished jogging round my village. This happened nearly four years ago and since then I will not exercise for fear of inducing another panic attack like that one or at worst, having a heart attack, which I believe is my real fear.

I think it is great that you are challenging this now and introducing exercise back into your life.

All the best Sniper.

Margo

Sniper

Wana Say This Is So Great To Read, You Are A Great

Inspiration Gives Me Hope And Many Here That Suffer.

Keep It Up And An Update On How Its Going.Ive Never

Got The Chance In Chat To Really Talk To You On All You

Gone Threw I Admire The Will Power You Got Again

Sniper.

lvs cheer xxxxxx

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments its so reassuring to know that theirs someone to talk to about these things. Had a massive palpitation today followed by a strong panic attack one of those that has you waiting for ages for the full blown one to arrive. I HATE THIS SHIT SOMETIMES...........thats it feel a bit better now.
    Dino thanks for that film clip its had me in stiches and what you said to me in chat about your therapist has touched the cockles of me heart where would i be without you all here. Thanks everyone snipes

Hi sniper,

Think it's brilliant you're trying something new, esp if it's good for you. Just take it a step at a time and you'll find it really helps.

Keep it up.

Meg xxx

Thats great.
    I also went back to the gym as well.
    The one I joined has free breakfeast for members.
    G
    With the Birds I'll Share this Lonely View

Thats great sniper you did something for you and your sticking with it so congrat yourself ! keep it up it will be worth it

George aren't you supposed to go to keep fit not eat haha