Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: I HATE THIS!

Hey, I suffer so badly from emetophoba, it ruins my life, it makes me just want to die. I hate suffering like this, and im tired of it. I'm so aggrivated right now, cause im having issues with food tonight, about what to eat and not to eat- what will make me sick and what wont. I HATE THIS, PLEASE HELP ME, i just want to talk to someone who knows how bad this phobia rules my life-
    Thanks,
    RainyDay a.k.a EmetGirl

Hello emetgirl
    I too suffer with this horrible phobia and it is totally consuming my life at the moment what with all the news about the norivirus that is spreading across the country. I have two small children both at school and I am just waiting for them to bring the dreaded thing home!!!
    Unlike you I don't suffer too much with eating problems but if you are finding it hard I would suggest just eating safe foods like veg, bread etc anything you know that won't upset your stomach and remember you need to eat to stay healthy.
    I hate living with this phobia too and find it very frustrating at the way it rules my life even if I try so hard not to let it.
    Take care
    Debbie X

hi hunnie. I have alot of issues with sick and tho it still scares me ALOT I think it's getting slightly better. I had that virus recently and I have to say that the vomiting wasn't actually that bad, the fever was. And this is someone who can't even look at puke and if anyone near me is sick I freak out, even if it is my two yr old :angry: But I am improving as my own vomit is no longer such an ordeal for me anymore. It may have been that when I had that bug I felt so sick and when I actually was sick it made that awful feeling go away. Try not to worry about catching the bug as if you are going to catch it, worrying about it won't stop you getting it. I know that is so easier said than done but try. Plos if you do get it there are great anti-nausea tabs from docs called DOMPERIDONE and they work wonders. I have them in my medicine cupboard and they really work. I swear by them. Also, are you on any anti-deps? Since being on mine that's when I started improving with my sick phobia. xx
    panic at the disco! lol

I completely can relate to everyone here. It's so frustrating...this phobia completely controls my life :angry: I'm tired of it and so very frustrated. I have a 2 year old that I feel misses out on alot of things because of this.
    Any suggestions or if anyone just wants to chat with someone that can relate to how you feel I'd be happy to..my email address is kelli@vermontel.net.

Hey EmetGirl,

Until this morning, I thought I was completely alone in this ridiculous fear. I know exactly what you're going through- and it's such a(n unfortunate) relief to know that we all can relate. I recently had a major breakdown this weekend and landed in the hospital due to a stomach virus. For the past 7 years, I've had constant nightmares, obsessive-compulsive thoughts/behaviors due to this phobia, and extreme fear of someone who feels/or is sick.
    I dont hvae any children yet, so I can't imagine how you must feel with that. The past few days I've barely eaten a thing in fear of this, though. Every post on here is a challenge to read in fear that someone will say "the words" or go into too much detail. The little icon at the bottom even bothers me.. I can't look at it.
    So, please don't feel alone- posts like yours make me feel not so alone either. I tried to PM you, but it wont let me. If you want to ever message me, feel free. We all need someone to talk to Best of luck..

Jenks