Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Panic

just wanted to say thanks for the post,

when i read peoples thoughts they always sound so sensible, and they are things that i know but when the panic takes over all the sensible thoughts fly straight out of my head

i am a "breath holder" !! its terrible even if someone doesnt look ill i dont breathe till they,ve walked past!! sounds so ridiculous i know!

the tips you posted are helpful and a reminder that yes life does go on around us and i think maybe i should start to get a bit more involved, and stop holding myself back from having a life i know i could have

best wishes, natc x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[quote=onmyown,Dec 3 2007, 02:21 AM]
    Hi

I'm panicking I've just read in the daily mirror that a violent stomach bug (Norovirus) is spreading across England & all the hospitals are full up & are turning ppl away.
    ffs I'm TERRIFIED of vomiting what if I catch it???? I'm not going out anymore, I'm going to stay in all winter, I'm not going to eat that way I wont catch anything.
    I haven vomited for almost 20 years but ffs the thought terrifies me!! what am I going to do???
    Any other emetophobes out there heard about this stomach bug??.

I really CAN NOT cope with vomiting I'd rather die.

thanks for listening

Judith
    xx

[/quote

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, I RECOMMEND TO PRAY WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT, GOD ALWAYS HELPS ME THROUGH EVERYTHING AND HE DOESN'T ALLOW ANYTHING I CAN'T HANDLE, JUST BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH. WE CAN SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER TOO, IF YOU WANT TO TALK EMAIL ME HERE OR AT memena@loyno.edu

...and wash your hands!!!

I'm sorry but no matter how kind God is and how he will be sure to see us through everything, praying won't keep people's hands clean.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone. I'd just hate to see a fellow emetaphobic think that praying alone will help them, and then they become ill because they felt they were safe due to their praying. Sure, pray, but use common sense, take care of yourself, and wash your hands frequently. That is what will keep you safe.