Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007
    Hi been reading through a couple of ocd posts and i can relate to alot of them, i went to my gp and he told me that i may have ocd but couldnt help but put me on anti depressents. but not being sure that these would work i am trying to get rid of it myself (hard work!!!).* :angry:
    is there anyway of getting these horrible thoughts out of my head, i constantly get them and they drive me round the bend! anything bad i hear on the news i put myself in that position or if people tell me things that have happened that are bad the thoughts are stuck in my head.
    I'm learning to control the counting thing and replace it with something else like an elastic band round my wrist i fiddle about with it and that generally works and other people see that as a normal thing. when i'm around my family friends boyfriend, i can hide it really well but its still happening!
    i cant actually remember when all of this started?
    i feel so down all the time and end up getting really emotional, and i want it to go away! it helps when i visit this forum, just want someone to talk to. :unsure:*
    Can anyone help is there anyway of stopping or reducing the thoughts?
    I hear that, Im not a counter but the OCD of bad intrusive thoughts, im 28 and it started when I was 24. I have no clue why either. but I got your back! I understand way to well.

have a lovely holiday!!! Are you going anywhere nice? Hey that's a great step, going on holiday. I can't go anywhere without obsessing over what could happen etc etc lol. A tip which has really helped me amazingly is to stop trying to find a cure and start learning to see it as part of you. I was constantly trying to find a way to make my panic and voices go away (and no, I am not schizophrenic lol) and I did my own head in trying to figure it out but now I realise that it's just part of me, part of my personality. That's what my psychologist spent a year trying to teach me anyway.
    panic at the disco! lol

i don't undrestand how so many people have got it and not 1 doctor has found any kind of cure or anything that would reduce the feelings you get from ocd???
    I mean is it well recognised? :unsure:

hi jade
    yes i'm off to egypt sharm red sea, i can't wait going to be doing loads of diving and snorkelling hopefully get to see the pyramids, but i'm most of all going for the clubs out there should be wicked!
    have you heard of david guetta? he will be out there at pacha oooohh i can't wait, i have had quite a good day today been keeping busy so taken my mind off of things a bit. how about you how have you been?

where do the bad thoghts come from?
    someone please reply???
    :unsure:

am going on hols on sunday will speak soon
    can't wait something i'm actually lookin foward to

The bad thoughts come from your head lol. Have a great holiday, can't wait till I'm well enough to go to another country... I worry too much about terrorism, bombs, panic attacks too much to go abroad. I'm only posting that because you will already be on holiday now so this can't scare you lol.
    panic at the disco! lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2007
    where do the bad thoghts come from?
    someone please reply???
    :unsure:
    hiya 2007, i also have ocd, which ive been told my type is called pure o ocd, which centers around intrusive thoughts.

I find it hard too at times. im not sure where the bad thoughts come from, with me, its from many a thing, the past, deep worrys, media, stress, being uncomfortable, life experiences, etc etc.

but what Ive been told, is don't attribute these bad thoughts that are intrusive, as a part of your personality, or character, because they are not, it is an illness, and should be viewed as soo.

for example, this sounds strange but if im sitting in the front passenger seat of a car my intrusive thoughts would be thinking or grabbing the streeing wheel to off road the car. Now if this was truly a part of my character, i would hold myself as a wannabe car wrecker, but im not.

So in other words dont hold yourself with any guilt or contempt over intrusive thoughts, as thats why there 'intrusive' and they are thoughts that we hate.

I found a couple of tricks that help me, very basic. Eat well, sleep well, keep fresh, do exercise once a day for about 20 minutes or more,for me when intrusive thoughts are in full swing, dont try to fight them, or give loads of energy to avoid or ignore them, just allow the thoughts to be there, say 'OK' and imagine them as a grey cloud just passing through, in other words accept them, and say to yourself....'so what' .

Its a practiced way of mine for while and 70% of the time it helps, im still in learning about hows to help myself too.

Re: will i ever feel normal again?

iv only been on this website resentley my ocd the bad thoughts i get ar to bad wat makes these thoughts happen?

My thoughts used to be what I called hell inside my head. Meditation with some technique or focus worked for me. Also I suggest an eyes open and eyes closed practice, and it being a very gentle practice. Having some technique throughout the day saved me. It took me many years to get to Peace in my mind, but it started helping immediately. I still suffer from multiple disorders, but having a quiet mind and being more in control of my mind helps me cope better and is really a big stress reliever. I hope this helps. I can tell you some simple techniques if you like. I teach meditation.