Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Deleted post..
    Last edited by Lauwzs; 06-08-2018 at 04:30 PM.

I had to go on disability. Worked in a library, and dealing with the patrons scared me. Made several suicide attempts. See a pdoc. Meds are better today.

I have been in two situations in my life that have caused me enormous fear of failure and fear of change. I have feared other things like bumps in the night and Shock Theater, lol, but these enormous fears were real living fears, suffocating fears, parallizing fears. The first was entering the work world and the second was when I got cancer and the prospects of death sent me into a delirium. Both I have learned to live with. Maybe its just programmed in us to survive through these times because I surely did not believe I could arrive on the other side of either.
    Last edited by gotoverit; 01-28-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Change 3rd person to first

I have very severe social phobia. I had to take a job that catered to my anxiety, but it is still SO hard to go to work everyday. Do you take any anti-anxiety medication? I was only able to graduate college and get a job after I began taking one. I take much less now. I wouldn't recommend taking it regularly (I became dependent), but I can't imagine functioning in the outside world without it!

Thumbs up You are not alone...

Hi Folks, I too suffer from Social Anxiety..and understand the effects it can have on a persons life. I have always been a hard worker, giving any job I have done, 100%. I have not worked for over 10 years now, since being diagnosed with Depression, P.T.S.D., Agorophobia and Social Anxiety. Without realising it, I was ill for a long part of my life with these illnesses, but had struggled through, not knowing I was actually ill. Eventually, I could cope no more,..Lost my Partner of 10 years, my home, my job,..and even my Dogs, because of it. I now feel that I am on the `Scrap Heap`, I have no social life, because of my inability, to mix with others and have lived on Benefits, for the past 10 years. My Self Esteem has taken a hammering, which makes me feel low. I know that I simply would not cope, with going to work,..which..is a problem, because I have recently been contacted by the Department of Work and Pensions, about being assessed for Work. Up untill now, I have been able to cope with my illness, because I can control my surroundings, and escape from any situation. However, if I am forced back to work, that will be outside my control and I worry about how it will affect me,...and others around me. I have posted some threads recently, that may explain my situation better, without me going into detail here.
    I hope that you manage to find some degree of comfort, in the fact that, you are not alone in dealing with the `Day to Day`, problems of your illness. I hope also, that you can find a niche, in life, that suits you and allows you to have some respite from the problem that affects you. All the Best. Shades.

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Hi Folks, I too suffer from Social Anxiety..and understand the effects it can have on a persons life. I have always been a hard worker, giving any job I have done, 100%. I have not worked for over 10 years now, since being diagnosed with Depression, P.T.S.D., Agorophobia and Social Anxiety. Without realising it, I was ill for a long part of my life with these illnesses, but had struggled through, not knowing I was actually ill. Eventually, I could cope no more,..Lost my Partner of 10 years, my home, my job,..and even my Dogs, because of it. I now feel that I am on the `Scrap Heap`, I have no social life, because of my inability, to mix with others and have lived on Benefits, for the past 10 years. My Self Esteem has taken a hammering, which makes me feel low. I know that I simply would not cope, with going to work,..which..is a problem, because I have recently been contacted by the Department of Work and Pensions, about being assessed for Work. Up untill now, I have been able to cope with my illness, because I can control my surroundings, and escape from any situation. However, if I am forced back to work, that will be outside my control and I worry about how it will affect me,...and others around me. I have posted some threads recently, that may explain my situation better, without me going into detail here.
    I hope that you manage to find some degree of comfort, in the fact that, you are not alone in dealing with the `Day to Day`, problems of your illness. I hope also, that you can find a niche, in life, that suits you and allows you to have some respite from the problem that affects you. All the Best. Shades.
    hey shades good morning

I got into teaching because I felt more comfortable with kids than adults, but it is still so hard. It seems like my social anxiety has gotten worse. I am considering changing jobs, but I can't find one that doesn't scare me. I would love to work from home! I think the next best thing would be office work (but NO phones). Good luck!

Hi Nikolas, How`s things?. Have you had any luck, in looking for work, that suits you?. I hope the replies to your `Thread` have helped you in some way.

Hey everyone. I want to try and help people with social anxiety. I have done a process that helps you completely understand its origins and eliminate the issues in a matter of minutes. I have been searching for years for a solution to this issue after I got really sick from the constant fight or flight from social anixety and went into adrenal failure. Well I found the cure and I want to help others. email me if you want some help. this is totally free help. I learned a skill to help others and I want to share it and practice it. Thanks Jen.ok it wont let me put my email so message me on here maybe.

Raises hand. Yeah I can't work because of SPs. (29, get SS, I'm lucky I know. just tired of being told mental and physical health are difference.

Any of you either hate(d) hearing 'dude, you GOTTA work, quit faking', or '.......you can't fix your mind yourself?' He was a 29 y/ dyslexic. and NOT a smart one. No offense to any dyslexic but at 29, he's too old to can't read. (like I'm to judge). well obviously we wouldn't be talking about this unless I tried ALL of my mental powers to cure my brain right?.............I bet most of us would trade our mental problems and give em back the SS in exchange no? I'm

Leakey with sarcasm but it hurts when someone thinks you're faking and you can't fix it on my own. I mean if my leg broke I'd tell the same dude I can heal it like Wolverine.

I babble, sorry if I offend anyone. No harm was meant delete if necessary.
    Last edited by Askmeformyname; 03-15-2012 at 11:16 PM.