Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi Everyone

Just wondered if there are any other people out there who have severe social phobia and can't work? For the last 5 years I've traded on ebay from home and been a very part time dog sitter/walker. I haven't worked officially yet and I'm 30 yrs old. :unsure:

It would be great to be in contact with others with the same probs.

Billie

Hi Billie

Yea me too, I have severe Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) which as prevented me from working, I havent worked officially yet & I'm 41 in fact I still dont know what my purpose is in life, I'm so plagued by anxiety/fear/panic I cant think about anything else.

yea it would be great to be in contact with you. (I thought I was the only one who has never worked, it helps to know I'm not alone)

post me anytime

JUdith xxxx

Hi Judith

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with vomit phobia. I tried to pm you but it won't let me. Maybe you could try and pm me, thanks

Billie xx

Hi Billie

This forum wont let us pm I've tried it before.
    Do u have msn messenger?
    if u have we can chat on there!

let me know .
    Thanks

Judith
    xx

Hi Judith

Yes I have msn messenger. Please add me. My addy is huffle_puff_house@yahoo.co.uk

Look forward to chatting with you.

Billie xx

Hi Billie

Sorry I dissapeared on msn yesterday! my wheelie bin got blown over with the wind & I had to go rescue it!! I got into a panic cos of the germs ocd.

look forward to chatting soon

Judith xx

I am being pressured to get a job and because of my social anxiety im really nervous. Ive had a couple jobs before but they didn't last long because i couldn't handle the social pressure and would freak out. Does anyone have any job ideas where i wont have to directly work with customers or counting money (i get freaked out by the lines of customers then get afraid of making change and its not good).

i to have social phobia and it effects my work severly

Re: Anybody got severe social phobia and can't work?

Hi Mr. Magoo,
    I manage to work, but just barely. It's horrible, I sweat and feel sick. My husband pushes me to work. I tell him I hate it because I do everything wrong and I hate being around people, but he says we need the money. I am suicidal by the end of the day,i really freak out about every interaction, everything I've said. I let my class go early yesterday and today I feel like I might as well of not of held class at all because they left about ten minutes early. I shouldn't have done it. I know better. I teach which may sound like an amazing feat with my social phobia and believe you me every day it is. If I could stay home I would, but I feel I have no choice because of money. So I force myself to do it but inside I'm a total wreck, sick, anxious, sweaty, I want to kill myself because I see no way out. Everyday I think how can I get out of this. I don't want to do it, but I feel trapped. Luckily I don't have to work everyday, although recently I have been because I can't say no, which is killing me inside. I know it's hard, hopefully you will be able to manage. Hang on with all will. I know it's hard, good luck. The best job might be to sit in front of a computer screen, maybe data entry or assembling something with is not hard and you can zone out. Tangle

Re: Anybody got severe social phobia and can't work?

I work in a huge company with over 400 people and I have social phobia. I have been here over a year yet I have no friends. I am usually fine unless it comes to socializing I also sweat and often feel sick. I dont have anything to say and worry they will find me stupid and or uninteresting/ boring. I was hoping someone could help me with some suggestions or ice breaking tips so I can be more comfotable in the work place.