Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    <span style='colorurple'>
    Quote Originally Posted by angel2kitty
    Hi, I'm new here and Iv experienced the misunderstandings of so called professionals all of my life. My parents hate my illness and prefer to call me crazy. Anyway back to the point My parents finally got sick of me and called the police to after 7 years force me out of the house and take me to be locked up in a mental institution. I'm not crazy just agoraphobic so I begged them to let me wear a sheet all the way to the hospital and thankfully they did, I was placed in a tiny room which wasn't too bad but then came the professional help (Hu!) the doctor said I had to follow him into another room again I begged to be given a blanket however this time I was denied anything. He simply said that that was wrong I should have never been given a blanket. I struggled to keep it together but I couldn't hold the tears back. after several questions I was told that there was no medical reason why they could keep me locked up.(well duh Agoraphobic not CRAZY) After calmly putting up with all there tests which hurt by the way, Physically and emotionally I was sent back home and you'll love this. As a final show of professionalism I was made to walk out of the hospital on my own and wait for the car to be brought to me. Please you who suffer from this rediculous illness that has left me feeling violated by these so called health professionals. Please tell me am I crazy for feeling so betrayed by so many people. Police,Doctors and Family arn't these people who who you're suppose to trust I mean I have no one else. I just wish I could understand this.

To you x
    NO you are not crazy , i'm sorry for the way you have been treated , no body deserves what you have been through ,or any of us for that matter !
    How are thing's now with your family etc , now that it has been proven to them that you are no way crazy ?</span>
    [b]Hugs x LnL x to you all x[/b]

<span style='colorurple'>Guess what still no call !!!!!!!!</span> :angry: :angry:

Dear angel2kitty
    First off a huge welcome to the forum ,secondly i am both sorry and very sadenned and disgusted to hear of your experiances :angry:

I like you have agoraphobia, plus i have anxiety and panic ,i look forward to hopefully meeting you in the chatroom one night

Love Dino
    xxxxxxxx

ps: Jane hugs to you and brett there all as much good as a chocolate bloody teapot :angry:

angel2kitty

sorry you had to go threw that, I suffer Agrophobia as well and anxiety panics
    it's a great site , chat's awsome to.

cheer

Jane i am out here hoping they contact you and Brett
    hugs and hang in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya angel2kitty

I'm sorry for what you have gone through and no your not crazy at all, I hope that things have improved with in your family relations.
    love
    Anna
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jane~BH
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='colorurple'> :angry: How do you rate them ???

Brett as you all know isn't too well at all* , i rang his social worker and voiced my conncerns politely but firmly ................ he hasn't been seen in months etc etc .
    What do they expect me to do as i'm not well either ............. i can only do so much !!!!!
    Her reply was ............ i'll chase people up ,then he can come in ...............grrrrrrrrr.......... he's agoraphobic !!!
    In my opinion i think they don't understand agoraphobia !!!!

What the feck are you supposed to do to get any help ????!!!
    Ok i'm breathing normally again 123 in ......... 123 out* </span>
    </span>
    <span style='color:blue'>UPDATE .............
    Brett's social worker rang today at 5.30pm ............... Hi Jane , managed to get Brett an appointment for the 24 th with the physicologist (sp). I said ....... A home visit of course ?? ......Her reply NO you'll have to bring him here
    :angry: ........... My Reply........... HELLO he's agraphobic !!!, her reply ........ but you have time to prepare him :angry: .Well that was it ........i said ....... It don't work like that , you's lot need to get your act to-gether and maybe study agraphobia !! The conversation did go on , me mainly voicing my concern's yet again :angry: , her replying i understand ! . It was left that she will get back to me after she has spoken to his shrink and various others !!!!!!

I'm totally hissed off !! Brett's urges are getting stronger and i'm left to just get on with it ! I do love him yes and would do anything for him , but i'm trying to make a point of i'm not the professinal here !!!

: </span>

Jane im sorry you have been treated badly. It just makes the mind boggle when people are suffereing they have to make things worse. Its bang out of order.

Hugs

Love Jenx

Jane

I am so sorry you are going threw this as well Brett.

I don't GET WHAT PART OF HOUSEBOUND Agrophobia.

do they not understand, just bloody idiot's, sending you

and Brett my best vibes hoping they get some one to come

out to your place.

cheer

Hi I must apologise I am new at this whole forum thing please forgive the intrusion into your rants and raves I only just figured out I was intruding. I can't apologise enough. My only excuse is that I was desperate for help and like I said I'm extremly new at Forums I'v started a new thread called "Extremly new with old problems". Once again sorry to Jane~BH for any inconveniences I may have caused. I can't thank you enough however for being so understanding and worrying about me the way you and everyone else did. This has been the first good thing which has happened to me in literally years.

Quote Originally Posted by angel2kitty
    Hi I must apologise I am new at this whole forum thing please forgive the intrusion into your rants and raves I only just figured out I was intruding. I can't apologise enough. My only excuse is that I was desperate for help and like I said I'm extremly new at Forums I'v started a new thread called "Extremly new with old problems". Once again sorry to Jane~BH for any inconveniences I may have caused. I can't thank you enough however for being so understanding and worrying about me the way you and everyone else did. This has been the first good thing which has happened to me in literally years.

<span style='colorurple'>Hey np and you didn't intrude (( hugs)). Join in any where on the forum , we are here to help each other </span>