Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='colorurple'> :angry: How do you rate them ???

Brett as you all know isn't too well at all , i rang his social worker and voiced my conncerns politely but firmly ................ he hasn't been seen in months etc etc .
    What do they expect me to do as i'm not well either ............. i can only do so much !!!!!
    Her reply was ............ i'll chase people up ,then he can come in ...............grrrrrrrrr.......... he's agoraphobic !!!
    In my opinion i think they don't understand agoraphobia !!!!

What the feck are you supposed to do to get any help ????!!!

Ok i'm breathing normally again 123 in ......... 123 out </span>
    </span>
    [b]Hugs x LnL x to you all x[/b]

Hiya Jane~BH
    Oh ffs see this makes me so mad I totally agree with you Jane they should get someone trained up that has recovered from this illness every therapist that I have seen in the past its been the same old thing oh if you can get into see me.

I was oh how the hell am I gonna do that the response I got was if you want to get get better you will try this.
    oh and once they were on about setting up a group meeting every week like hey how many agoraphobics would have turned up.

I did have a lovely cpn that used to come and see me she would try and get to my meeting sometimes I made it other times I just couldnt to it so what happen they said that this couldnt carry on so I was referred back to my dr.
    In my opinion I agree they dont understand it at all !!!!
    love
    Anna
    xxxx

to you and brett

Thank's Anna , it's nice to know we are not the only ones who are coming up against brick wall after brick wall x

Hi Jane,
    Thats unreal huh, i always say unless you have it, you dont get it. Anyway people are pretty clueless, expecting them to understand is like trying to get flowers to grow in a bloody desert. Anyhow, best of luck, hope you meet someone who has a brain real soon! Cheers xxx freaky xxx

Thank you freaky

Dear Jane
    I want to say you have every right to be angry , jane here it is the same they just dinna give a shit :angry:
    Quick story i recieved a reminder for my smear test approx 5 months ago ,i wrote to my gp explained i couldent get there i was so angry i even typed out agoraphobia symptoms then in caps said just what dont you lot get , guess wht a letter arrives 2 weeks later saying we have removed you from the cervical screening list for the next 3 years ffs i know how important a smear is im not entirely stupid but they dont give two shits last smear i had 7 years ago was abnormal so i guess ppl like us are just left to get on with it ,omg sorry i am of again ffs lol

Oh i even lost it a cple o months ago ,i have been on the waiting list 3 years yes 3 years to see a pychologist recieved a letter short ago asking do i want to remain on there list ,i phoned them and asked ok if i say im going to hang mysel can i get seen any sooner ,ready for this here was her reply "oh sorry thats not priority "and yes she was being serious ,my next line was ok then how about i become a heroin addict or commit a murder can i be seen then poor cow said i was so spot on she was going to secretly add my name up a few pages on the waiting list ,im no holding my breath ,
    If only they could live a day in fact half a bloody day in our shoes they might realise how agoraphobia not only affects us but our whole family

ffs sorry i have wrote a book i am just angry for the way we are being treated

Jane and brett heres a huge huge hug to you both ,love to you both
    love dino
    xxx

Thank you Dino , you talk my lingo hehehe.
    Let's see if i get any calls on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Jane~BH
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='colorurple'> :angry: How do you rate them ???

Brett as you all know isn't too well at allĂ‚Â* , i rang his social worker and voiced my conncerns politely but firmly ................ he hasn't been seen in months etc etc .
    What do they expect me to do as i'm not well either ............. i can only do so much !!!!!
    Her reply was ............ i'll chase people up ,then he can come in ...............grrrrrrrrr.......... he's agoraphobic !!!
    In my opinion i think they don't understand agoraphobia !!!!

What the feck are you supposed to do to get any help ????!!!
    Ok i'm breathing normally again 123 in ......... 123 outĂ‚Â* </span>
    </span>

(((((JANE)))))

I don't think they ever can figure out Agrophobia, either it's lack of wanting to
    know or IMOP careing, so sorry Bretts not well .
    I swear at time's they want ppl to jump hoop's ((((((((((((((HUGS 2 U BOTH))))))))))))

i hope you get your call xxxxxxxxxxx
    cheer

Thank you cheer x

Hi, I'm new here and Iv experienced the misunderstandings of so called professionals all of my life. My parents hate my illness and prefer to call me crazy. Anyway back to the point My parents finally got sick of me and called the police to after 7 years force me out of the house and take me to be locked up in a mental institution. I'm not crazy just agoraphobic so I begged them to let me wear a sheet all the way to the hospital and thankfully they did, I was placed in a tiny room which wasn't too bad but then came the professional help (Hu!) the doctor said I had to follow him into another room again I begged to be given a blanket however this time I was denied anything. He simply said that that was wrong I should have never been given a blanket. I struggled to keep it together but I couldn't hold the tears back. after several questions I was told that there was no medical reason why they could keep me locked up.(well duh Agoraphobic not CRAZY) After calmly putting up with all there tests which hurt by the way, Physically and emotionally I was sent back home and you'll love this. As a final show of professionalism I was made to walk out of the hospital on my own and wait for the car to be brought to me. Please you who suffer from this rediculous illness that has left me feeling violated by these so called health professionals. Please tell me am I crazy for feeling so betrayed by so many people. Police,Doctors and Family arn't these people who who you're suppose to trust I mean I have no one else. I just wish I could understand this.