Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
    I'm new here and I have multiple phobias. Spiders was my worst until I had therapy; I still have a phobia of spiders but it's not as bad anymore. My other phobias are fear of death, claustrophobia, social phobia, fear of heights, fear of planes, and a fear of fire. Is there anyone else who has multiple phobias who have either been cured completely or have at least been able to have some of their phobias cured?

Dear L.L.
    A huge welcome to the forum , i have severe agoraphobia ,anxiety and panic and a huge fear of death i am atm about to try chinosis its a form of self hypnosis when i do it i will report back to let you know if it is any good ,i have tried varies medications all to no avail
    Sorry i aint much help here but hope to get the chance to talk to you one night in the chatroom here you will find loads o support wishing you all the best
    love Dino
    xxxxxx

Thanks Dino

Before I came to this forum I thought I was alone with the fear of death. I knew people suffered with the other phobias I suffer from but I thought I was alone with the fear of death.

The way I was raised leaves me apprehensive about having any sort of hypnosis - it makes me think that I'm committing a moral sin. I know meds don't work with me but it hypnosis did work I would consider it.

LL

I have a phobia of death too... everytime I think about it I get a panic attack :/
    Vicious cycles

Multiple phobias here too - fear of heights, social anxiety, fear of amputees, and a fear of clowns and people in character costumes. I also have an odd food quirk which I'm not sure is a phobia or not. I'm obsessive about food, it's preparation etc.

I did have a HUGE dental phobia that carried over for most of my life until about two years ago. I'd already had a dental phobia from an early age and it wasn't helped when several years ago I had a wisdom tooth extracted, in the chair, and the dentist fractured my jaw. But...as I found out a couple of years back, the dentist really isn't as frightening anymore as it used to be. I needed another wisdom tooth taken out, in the chair, the dentist was EXCELLENT, I felt no pain and he had that pesky tooth out in literally five minutes flat. My dental phobia was cured. Sure, I'm not keen on dentist visits but really, I'm not sure if it's anyone's favourite pasttime. I don't have the phobia anymore though. Never in a million years did I think I would ever cure that phobia.

I think you'll find many people here have multiple phobias and you're certainly not alone.

- Phoenix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'[b]H[/b] - You are the love of my life . The love of my immortal eternity'

Yes i have multiple phobias as well, illness, skulls, death for me.