Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c-ptsd

:P :blink: B) :unsure: :lol: :P :angry: <_<
    I think that covers me.
    Donna-Lynne or White Wolf, I have complex ptsd, and lately I have been getting out of my sleep and redecorating. I am not aware of it, but I have lost all my hot chocolate.
    So I guess when I do this I am health conscious at any rate. But it is scary.
    It's losing time, and I don't like that.
    I believe the only ones who can help others, are the ones who already walked the walk.
    I ran sometimes,,,,,,and hid alot.
    Well in my lifetime I will not be cured, but I have tools I can share with others, been there done that got the t-shirt for it too.
    Anyway, I'm here,,,
    White Wolf

DEAR WHITEWOLF
    A HUGE WELCOME TO THE FORUM NOT TO SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY REDECORATING AND NOT AWARE OF IT ARE YOU ACTUALLY SLEEPWALKING ??????
    ANYHOW HOPE YOU FIND THIS FAB SITE HELPFUL WE ARE ALL A GREAT BUNCH
    BOTH HERE AND IN THE CHATROOM
    LOVE DINO
    XXXXXXX

Hi White Wolf.

WELCOME to the forum and chat. I myself have been newly diagnosed with ptsd and i think i always knew i had it but just never opened up about what caused it u know??? I would love to talk to you if you would like to share some of your thoughts with me around my situation...that would be much appreciated.

Hugs
    ~bluecowgirl

Hi All,

I have ptsd I beleive it is chronic, I just can't sleep at night. Yea know the really bad dreams. I just wanted to reach out to others like me.

retromamma

welcome dljwhitewolf i also have ptsd, it affects my life in a lot of ways, comes out sideways when i don't talk about it properly and sober. i have nightmares nearly every night and still have the tv as my night light and i'm 26 ffs sleeping on the couch.

so if you see me in chat and would like to talk, you to bluecowgirl and retromamma, and sharing might help me more , but ptsd in my experience does calm as time is a good healer, and hope it will for you too

Re: c-ptsd

I have been diagnosed with Complex PTSD and it affects every area of my life including my sleep -- I either can't sleep at all or I wake up a million times a night. Nightmares are routine, and it's almost always the same one. I also have sleep paralysis, where you feel like you're awake but paralyzed because you can see your room exactly as it is at that moment and hear everything that's going on outside or elsewhere in the house.... it feels like there's a weight on you ( a person maybe?) but you can't move or scream or anything. All you know is you have to fight to push it off ( whatever it is) otherwe it will kill you.

Flashbacks are always fun too :roll: (not)

I have PTSD as well, sleep is no longer a problem for me as I have found sleeping tablets, the only problem is if I now don't take them I don't sleep and can not stop thinking about the fact that I have not taken it!! (slight addiction perhaps) as for flashbacks I hate them, I am on so many meds I rattle when being shook!! Having last psychotherapy session free on nhs and shit scared what help is going to be available after that, nothing I think, left to cope the best I can!!

am new here too, and just taking a look around. Stumbled into here ( as much as one stumbles around here anyways :wink: ).

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way.

BUT

THANK GOD!! ( or whoever)

I think I just had the wolf's breath that blew the little piggies houses down.

what a relief!

I have felt so alone.

I have PTSD as well (currently going through diagnosis for this and other issues) ( first time into counselling in my life) (find it a little awkward to "know" what you are suffering from, but have no clinical diagnosis, but nywho)

I have MAJOR sleep issues as well.

Night Terrors are so common to me, I can almost be blazé about them. (not quite but have a bad habit of shrugging them off and ignoring them and pushing them away)

I wake up screaming and crying, I talk in my sleep, and reveal secrets from my past in the form of conversations. I sleep with a night light too! (33 yrs old going on 34) ... and ops: a stuffed animal. ops:

I didn't realize the extent of what went on during my sleep until I met and began living with my partner, who will wake me if I don't wake myself, will cradle me and rock me, and tell me what happens. I generally don't remember anything, but if I do it is only the milder of the dreams that will "stick" .

ummmmmmmm. anyways.... thank you so very much for all of these posts.... I have been reading up on PTSD, but many of the "articles" don't really get into the sleep disorders (at least not the ones I have read),

I think my counsellor was right..... these forums might really be helpful.... !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7 weeks ago i had an severe asthma attack where i was hospitalised. When i got home the next day i had a severe panic attack where all night i would spit, gag and vomit up what i thought was mucus as i thought if i didnt id choke/suffocate to death. I heard voices telling me to do it. I also hallucinated.I did this daily up til now and im fighting to stop it now. I wouldnt eat or if i did it have to be a food that i wont choke on due to me thinking mucus is in my throat and if i eat food will get stuck. I went to a dr he said i may have bronchiectasis(lung disease) so of course i played it out. Over the 7wks i rang the ambulance 6 times convinced i couldnt breathe. Then i went to another dr and i felt i couldnt talk or walk properly i basically felt paralysed. Went to the local hospital they did tests and found nothing wrong. The mental health nurse talked to me about the asthma attack i basically screamed and cried and went into an uncontrollable state. He gave me a drink and a biscuit and i had trouble bringing it to my mouth for fear of choking. At present im waiting for treatment and counselling. I feel numb in my throat as im afraid of choking. Im so tired. I cant believe an asthma attack caused me to be in this state.

Whitewolf,

I have PTSD also ,, I am now 61 yrs old,, I had the initial breakdown when I was 44 , Altho I think that I was showing signs that I was not aware of before that .
    I can relate to all that everyone has talked about here and yes it is very real when u r going through it ,, and very hard when no one understands and think u can just get over it !!! I had heard all those comments ,, they do not get it , because they have not been through it .. so u r very right in coming here to talk to ppl like yourself who will understand u and know what u r feeling..
    I have been on meds since that initial time .. and had struggled for years to get to where I am now ,, so know that there is hope ,, u can get through this with help ,,
    I wish u the best in your struggle,, and hope that u can get the support here that I did when I first came to this site,,

Love ,
    Florence .
    xxxxxxxxx

Ps,, hello to Bluecowgirl and Pokerstar , have missed U both ,,, hope all is well xxxxxx