PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined..is this a UK based Organisation?

AJD24
10-21-2006, 10:40 AM
:) Hello All

I cannot go out very far due to what I now believe to be Agoraphobia..I don't really like labels..but this seems to be the label that is given if you are so frightened of experiencing a panic attack when you are not very far from home.

My first panic attack happened at age 11, so I struggled for many years before I could finally go anywhere and be relatively comfortable, although I always hated crowds or crowded shops, and always felt better if the shopping center was quiet.

I have read that people who have weak adrenals are more likely to suffer from panic attacks and nervous troubles..has anyone here looked into this?

I also am looking at the nutritional side of things and working with trying to get my diet more alkaline..

Also see I am working with their system and am taking a remedy for FEAR and for SHOCK...but this is quite a long method to work with, so am looking to learn to do things which might give me swifter improvements. Its very early days though as I have only been with the system for one month.

I had a very nasty panic attack in July 2005, it really came out of the blue, although looking back I had actually been physically unwell with exhaustion for a long time , which was meaning I felt very tired when out, and I could feel that my natural protection if you like was not there..I also felt at the time that some of the panic was actually due to internal toxicity from a leaky gut.

Prior to this I had not had such a bad panic for some time..although when I look back I was always on edge when out and about and not relaxed and after a few hours would have to come home as I was so tired out.

so my belief is that all these ailments are muti faceted and that we have to look at
the physical side as well as the emotional.

Has anyone worked with EFT the energy psychology technique?

Also what about food sensitivities etc..can this cause panic and agoraphobia?

hope to find out what really works here..oh and I am also trying out some CD's

recommended by they are said to be as good as holosync, but one hell of a lot cheaper!

Well that was a bit long..hope you are not bored to death!

all the best

AJD24

<span style='color:orange'>Admin: Welcome AJD24, I've removed the links as only one worked, And that was to a link portal,
If you do know of any helpful links please email them to me at paul@phobics-awareness.org and I'll add them to the site.</span>

petal
10-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Dear AJD24 :)

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you're looking at various different ways to treat your phobia. That's great!

I'm not familiar with EFT at all. I've never heard of it and it would be interesting if you could tell us more about the treatment.

Looking into food and its relationship with panic and agraphobia is, I think, very smart of you. I don't have agoraphobia but use food to try and manage my generalised anxiety disorder and depression. Watching what I eat does seem to help me. I'm sure there's a relationship between food and anxiety.

Could you post a link to information about EFT please? I'd really like to read about it.

Welcome again.

Wishing you all the best
Petal http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/10.gif

AJD24
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
:)
Der Petal

what a lovely welcome..such lovely animations too! Thanks a lot!

The EFT is actually quite well known as far as energy therapies are concerned.

I am reasonably well acquainted with it..but have never worked steadfastly, or with a practitioner.

Its a simple method to learn, and it involves working with ones own meridians, just like they work on with acupuncture, but we work, by tapping the end of the meridians, on certain points on our bodies, in a special order, with special set up phrases, that include the particular problem we are working on.

There is actually a FREE MANUAL and if you type in www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com) you should be able to find the link to download your own manual.

I am very much novice, and that was a brief explanation..but there are other energy psychology methods out there two, and all are said to be very helpful to reduce panics and all that type of t hing.

I will let the forum know how my efforts go..but I am presently deciding about getting the help of an EFT practitioner , who has offered to help me, and he became a practitioner, after helping himself with his own panics etc.

Feel free to share your issues if you so choose. I hope that anyone here seeking help will find it, and its worth giving EFT a try I think.

I hope i have replied correctly ..but this forum is a little different to others I have joined.

all the best AJD24

[

AJD24
10-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Dear Petal

I think you will find that something like EFT would help your Depression and also anxiety..

AJD24

petal
10-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Dear AJD24 :)

Thanks for the link to the site about EFT. I'll have a look. It sounds interesting.

Many thanks.

Wishing you all the best
Petal http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/tiere/animal-smiley-085.gif

beverley
10-24-2006, 08:51 AM
:D
welcome
you will get lots of help and support on this forum like myself and many others
there's also chat which is good
hope to see you in there soon
bev
xxxxxxx

Jess
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
HI and welcome,
I am new here also, but relate to a lot of the things you are saying.

"so my belief is that all these ailments are muti faceted and that we have to look at
the physical side as well as the emotional."

So far, being at this site i have discovered that several pysical symptoms are shared by most of us here. i have come to believe they are all related to the anxiety somehow. They are:

extreme exhaustion, chest pains, and ulcer-like pains

to name a few.
i believe that the body and mind cyclically effect one another, so aggree with your summation that maybe the physical problems bring on the attacks as well as being results of attacks.

I look forward to getting to know you. :P

Keep Fighting.

JESS