PDA

View Full Version : Scared of the sun

Girl1987
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm scared of the sun cause it gives cancer so I don't like leaving the house much.

duckduckduke
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Not getting sunlight can make you really sick too.. it is a lot rarer to get cancer from sun exposure than it is to get really sick from not getting enough sunlight.

Girl1987
03-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Are you sure?

duckduckduke
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Of course. We are animals after all, we need sunlight. It's no coincidence that (most people) feel happier in the sun. You get a form of Vitamin D, I think it's D3 that your body absorbs from the sun which isn't found in too many foods. It boosts your mood and is good for you, within reason of course. Keep your eye on your local weather forcast website. That will tell you what the UV is for each day and what times it's at its highest (which is generally in the middle of the day). It's best to go out early morning or very late afternoon to soak up some sun, that way you're not getting exposed to as much UV rays but are still getting your daily sun!
I live in Tasmania, we have extremely high UV here because we're directly under a hole in the ozone layer and I haven't died yet. I'm incredibly pale skinned and am careful around the sun too. You have to be careful and wear sunscreen when necessary but you do also need sun too :)

PurpleFairy
03-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Use a sunblock with SPF of at least 15. Also get some lip chap with spf in it, also make sure to put it on your eye lids as a lot of people forget to put it there and so its not protected.

JustJoe
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
You have to get sunlight - Vitamin D is important for your immune system. Just apply a mild sunblock.