PDA

View Full Version : Drinking beer and taking xanax PLEASE HELP!

pamlynne1961
11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi, I am new here so hello everyone. I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me, or at least they have been through it themselves. I went on vacation in September and while I was there, I drank beer daily for 9 days in a row. I am on Effexor XR and Xanax. It has been a little over 5 weeks that I have not drank. I am normally not a drinker at all, but since we were on vacation I thought I would. Since then, I have been having feelings of slight depression, unable to focus, unable to make decisions, unable to concentrate. I feel that I am shaking from the inside out. I do not get out, and will not drive because of these feelings. It scares me. I feel like I am about to lose it. I have anxiety daily and I don't feel like myself at all. I have heard it can take up to 8 weeks for things to return to normal. I feel I have messed up my levels from drinking so much alcohol. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:(:(

Colourgirl
11-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hello pamlynne1961,

Welcome to phobics awareness! I'm sorry that there has been no immediate answer to your question, I just got my internet hooked up. :) Drinking has a decidedly negative effect on your medications, which is why they put all sorts of warnings on them when it comes to mixing them. I know I mixed them on days that I felt like I could handle it, or didn't care, but never improved how I felt in the short term or long run. I, too, felt more depressed, anxious, and worse off. If you feel abnormally bad for about a week, I would definitely check in with my doctor.

Take care, pamlynne1961. This, too, shall pass.

Colourgirl