PDA

View Full Version : Any other agoraphobics out there?

ririandlivi
07-02-2011, 04:17 AM
I have never spoken to another agoraphobic before so i wouldn't mind relating the way i feel with other people :)

mommarita
07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi riri ~ I had agoraphobia for 18 years. I'm here to talk if you want...

ririandlivi
07-04-2011, 11:14 PM
really? How did you get over it ? I feel like no matter what anyone says nothing is changing and i just dont feel like my life wil ever change

duckduckduke
08-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Ditto to that!

amanda_faith
09-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I also suffer. I have no wisdom to share. I have not beaten it, but I can chat with ya.

gnarlybits
09-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Agoraphobia sucks. It's hard to leave the house and I put myself through hell on a regular basis because it seems to defy anything logical or rational that I can surmise in order to justify the level of intensity with regard to the level of anxiety I experience while contemplating leaving the house. I keep trying to deconstruct this thing hoping maybe I will discover some core belief behind this nonsence because, honestly, I can't figure out why it's so damn hard for me to just to take my paranoid self to the store or whatever. I'm making progress so far as actually being able to get out and take care of business and stuff in spite of this, but I'm not any closer to understanding the cause of why it is I have this in the first place. Would knowing really solve the problem? Maybe not, but perhaps I'd be a little more compassionate towards myself instead of berating myself for not being able to do what other people take for granted without some lengthy psyching myself up process anticipating the simple task of acquiring a gallon of milk or some such simple silly thing.

ErikaRae
09-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I also have Agoraphobia but I can go out IF my husband is with me but I can only go as far as Maybe a 10 mile radius n then I freak out and have to turn around. But I CANNOT go anywhere without him or even just be at home unless he's there. I've been dealing with this for about 10 yrs now n its getting worse. Worst of all my children suffer cuz I can't do the things I shoUld be doing for them. Oh and forget about driving, that's what started this prison like life I'm stuck with. Any advice from anyone?????

elizabethlomas
09-25-2011, 12:53 PM
i also suffer agrophobia and panic and carnt leave the house my kids are missin out on so much cos off me that makes me more sad and angry then panicy also my partner left me cos of it i really need to get better carnt handle strugglin to breath every day

chris cavicchia
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
15yrs+ here. I hate it... All depends on situation and person im near. Yes I get frieghtened and scared alot... And i have anxiety panic attacks, with agraphobia, depression, postamatic stress, mild bi-polar.. Imagine that... The anxiety panic, but mostly AGRAPHOBIA is the fear of god in me... SCARED....
I would love to chat about it.
Sincerely
CHRIS

JasmineO
10-19-2011, 07:20 AM
i have agoraphobia, anxiety, panic disorder and depression. anyone on Fluoxetine? doesnt seem to help me that much.. i want to know how other people cope with it, and manage to do things they want to do? im fed up of letting people down and myself. do any of you have jobs, goto college, travel, go shopping etc?

edorn01
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I am 21 my name is erika, i currently go to college for repsratory therapy, will grad in 2014, which feels so far away, work as a housekeeper in the ICU at my hospital on weekends and have a daughter and fiance. i suffer from panic disorder with agoraphobia and slight depression, i am currently taking 100 mg of zoloft and my doc might have to up me, and fluoxetine i was on for 2 weeks and had to get off it because i was getting angry and very agitated which would trigger a attack! Zoloft def seems to be helping and take lorazopam as needed only been having to take maybe 1 pill or two a day maybe that. i have been doing better which is nice since i was having such bad attacks and crying spells.... anyways def talk whenever and i know what you are going through,

p.s, my agoraphobia is mainly about me going into another attack and i stress and worry about it and I get so afraid of dieing from one!

Pixiesglow
10-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I've been suffering for the past 17 years I can say I really want my life back. I'm totally housebound and I'm blessed to have a Dr. that comes to my home. I feel very alone and no one not even my family really understands or knows.

jamiej
11-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I have never spoken to another agoraphobic before so i wouldn't mind relating the way i feel with other people :)
me too.i have questions i would like to ask

dave666
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
hello i have beenagoraphobic for 20 years if you want to send me a message i will reply all the best .

Jin84
04-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I have the same curse as everyone here, one of my biggest problems is that I can't talk to anyone about it, I'm embarrassed. I force myself to go out and try to get stuff done but once I'm out there I just wish I was home. It seems really hard to find any help or answers, I personally haven't seen a doctor.... probably because of the agoraphobia. I wish there was a meeting I could go to to talk to other people but I guess it would probably wouldn't be to populated (bad joke) but I'll talk to whoever. Good luck guys

bindi
04-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I to am agoraphobic and have been totally housebound over seven years , even indoors my panics are severe so i can relate to a lot of the posts here

hugs to all and let's pray one day we can all somehow overcome this

bindi x

bkind2ewe
04-20-2012, 01:01 AM
agoraphobic for about 20 yrs started as a panic attack in 91 ... I should be a pro at it by now but nope I never did

lanah
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
I havent left the house in 3yrs and have young children its so hard havent found away to beat it yet :(

missj
06-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Hi , I am new and I think besides depression and anxiety I have developed agoraphobia , I have not left my house in 1 month and that was just to go to my sons college graduation. before that it had been about a month just to go to my therapist which i have to stop going because it is so expensive. I would love some information about this I feel so alone, I was married for 20 years and divorced and just went downhill . I am very depressed my whole life changed, I lost a whole family besides my husband I loved his family and now I am living with my 82 year old aunt who has alzheimers. This is my first chat room , I don't know what to do now I would love to chat with someone.Thankyou

alexa008
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
I have been agoraphobic feeling for about a month or so now, its horrible. So for those of ou who say you have been this way for 10+ years? How do you deal with basic day to day life?... Or if you have children? I have a daughter and I am terrified she may grow up seeing me terrified of everything and she to will suffer in her life. I have had anxiety/panic attacks and depression for almost 5 years. But the agoraphobia just recently popped up. I am forcing myself to overcome it. I refuse to let my daughter suffer because of my own problems. Did you not have therapy or medications? I don't understand.

suzy-Q
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Hello , is any one out there? I have had agoraphobia for over 20 years now. Though I have just learned from my adult son afew days ago it is called monophobia. I is amazing to me because all the doc & and therapist I have paid so much time & money toward has never pin pointed my issue. So where to go from here? Any ideas ? Thank you for reading. Kind regards Suzy-Q

meg l
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
hi -

saw your message and wondered how you managed to get over your agoraphobia - I haven't left my house since December - and then it was to be hospitalized. My husband keeps talking about the near future as a time when I would be leaving the house, but I can't imagine myself ever leaving.

axel johnson
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM
i have been near enough house bound for 5 years with it. it is deffinatly a prison like life except its for people who have done nothing to deserve it. i have no answers on getting over it as i have not but i am always willing to talk to anyone who wants to

oopsiedoop
09-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I am becoming a recluse. It is getting worse, not better.

stone9091
09-29-2012, 01:35 AM
nice information ..........