PDA

View Full Version : Paxil or Zoloft?

anxietysucks
01-22-2011, 09:14 AM
hi everyone, i was taking celexa for awhile and liked it, it really helped my anxiety but the thing is i developed a alergic reaction after taking it for 6 months so they told me to stop cold turkey and now im dealing with horrible withdrawl symptoms.
my doctor told me she wants me on paxil which i am afraid of i am already heavy and i saw it causes weight gain. so i was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and how did you like it and also if anyone has tried zoloft and how was that? please list all your side effects thanks so much!

Clayton
01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I took Zoloft for almost a year. I really liked it and it did a great job. The only reason I stopped taking it was because it made me not be able to climax during any kind of sex. Thats the truth, and that was the only side effect it gave me.

bby girl 28
03-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi. I tried both zoloft gave me diarhea and paxil imsomnia... but everybody is different good luck..

S0rceress0
03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Zoloft really took away my drive to 'connect' with people. I felt as if I just did not love anything. I think it was just a bad choice for me personally. It did not cause any weight gain. I did become a bit more functional while on it but the side effect for me was drastic.

george comma endless
03-30-2011, 05:10 AM
All the drugs are is a way for psychiatrists to NOT do their job. Keeping you drugged and complacent only makes it easier for them to collect their fees on your insurance without doing anything. It's easier for Pyschiatrists to keep you drugged and stupid rather than really trying to help you.

laell
04-02-2011, 11:18 PM
dear anxietysucks, not sure about the previous comment but everyone to their own opinions...i have never been put on zoloft, but have a local friend who has done well on it for the most part. i once upon a time was on paxil..i did gain weight and i am not talking a small amount but a great deal i also found myself having lots of trouble with dizziness and took a real bad fall during that time...it was after that i asked to please be taken off of it. i know its tough knowing what to do...if i thought paxil had really helped with my depression etc then i could have probably lived with the other things....but that wasnt the case. i hope you along with your dr. can come up with the right med for you. best wishes. laell~*

Frenetic
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm on citalopram with a rispiridone kicker, it makes me so tired.

chelseadagger
06-02-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm (back) on Zoloft; starting low at 25mg again. Dry mouth, easily tired, then insomnia... and upped chance of GERD are my main side effects; the sex part is dealable, though, honestly. Small beans compared to the other things. Will be seeing a new pdoc in a couple of weeks to talk it over. It has helped mood but I don't know if I can deal with the side effects anymore. Paxil was worse for me, actually.

Colourgirl
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Funny, I lost weight on Paxil. I like how it works for me... but I don't like the side effects. I have heard good things about zoloft, but never tried it.

Colourgirl

sweet2
06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
I am taking Zoloft and Remeron. They truly have helped a bunch. Its hard for me when it comes to sex. I took Paxil for about a month and I got bad side effects from it.
Sweet2

sweetlee213
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I was on Paxil for five years and had no weight gain, but I was also in my early twenties and had a very high metabolism. I stopped taking paxil because missing a dose or two and coming off of it completely was a terrible experience. I literally felt like I was going crazy. My emotions were a roller-coaster, sensitivity to light, headaches, nausea, and it felt like there were rubber bands getting stretched and snapped in half in my brain. Just never run out of your meds. It was horrible.

Gray Matter
07-27-2011, 06:38 AM
I have been on both, Zoloft did nothing to or for me. Paxal had the well spoke of side affect but worked, I was on it 6 month's without even the thought of intimacy.

Anon
08-25-2011, 12:04 AM
To the george comma guy: Untrue. Just because you may have experienced a bad psychiatrist doesn't mean they're all like that. What you said was truly ignorant and gives off the wrong impression about them.