PDA

View Full Version : Sudden adrenaline surges--anxiety or mania?

alldaypanic
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I take a small (37mgs) of Wellbutrin once a day, and Xanax small dose (.0625 mgs) twice a day, for anxiety and depersonalization. Also, Synthroid (to raise thyroid level--.150 mgs) once a day, and small dose of Nuvigil (20 mgs) to stay awake. The last few days I have had sudden, huge adrenaline surges in the middle of the day, not exactly anxiety, more like a mania, but i have never had this before. I cannot slow down long enough to feed myself--when I stand still my body shakes all over and am terrified to be in my own body!

I pace feverishly around my house, and go out and racewalk to try to wear it down but the energy is too great.

This is the exact opposite of when I wake up in the morning, which is hell--takes ~3 hours to get awake after walking aimlessly around the house. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Sooti
11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
That sounds awful! I've had smaller versions of that and it sux! It does sort of sound like mania to me a bit but i'm no expert, you should tell your Doctor or psychiatrist that your getting these epsiodes.