PDA

View Full Version : DIAZEPAM

wullie
01-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi folk,
Ave been on diazepam (vallium) for 10 years, a started on 70mg now the doctors have cut me down to 26mg.
Me personally think they r very hard 2 come of but slowly but surely am coming of them, but its starting 2 worry me coming of them incase a really need them.
Does any one feel the same? scared 2 come of them! Cause a am just incase a need them when they cut me rite of them.

take care
WULLIE

CAJnCAT
01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey Wullie,

I know exactly how you feel my friend. I don't take valium but I take alprazolam (xanax) which is a cousin to valium. I've been on benzos as valium, xanax are called since 1987 when I first started having my panic attacks. They are very hard to come off of Wullie. A doctor tried to cut my dosage down too much and too soon a few months ago. My druggist or chemist told me that the doctor was cutting me back too soon and too quick. I tried to tell the doctor this but of course she's the doctor and knows it all. Wullie I'm scared to get off this medication also. I don't abuse them but because so many people in this world take these kinds of medications to get messed up on - we, the ones that don't abuse them and take them because we need them - seems like we are the ones that are always paying the price for what the other people do. Wullie I'm sorry for rambling on....LOL.
Just know my friend that you are not alone in being afraid to come off valium. I'm scared also.

Hugs,
Cat

dino
01-22-2006, 07:00 AM
HI WULLIE
JUST LIKE YOURSELF I TOO AM ON DIAZEPAM (valium) THE DOSAGE I AM ON AT THE MOMENT IS 15-20MG PER DAY ,IT UNFORTUNETLY DOES NOTHING FOR ME ,BUT I KNOW DUE TO PAST EXPERIANCE THAT YOU HAVE TO COME OFF THEM REALLY REALLY SLOWLY .
APPROX 2YEARS AGO AFTER BEING ON THEM FOR 3 YEARS I WAS WEANED OFF THEM ALL IT TOOK ME A YEAR AND A HALF AND I CANT SAY THE WITHDRAWL WAS EASY BELIEVE ME I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO GO CRAZY WELL CRAZIER THAN I AM ALREADY HEHE
JOKING ASIDE WULLIE AFTER BEING OFF THEM FOR A YEAR MY DAD AND 4 CLOSE FRIENDS ALL DIED WITHIN 6MONTHS OF EACH OTHER SO AS YOU CAN IMAGINE MY ANXIETY AND PANIC CAME BACK TENFOLD AND YES YOUVE GUESSED IT HERE I AM BACK ON THE VALIUM WHY I DONT KNOW BUT THE DOCTOR SAID I NEEDED THEM :rolleyes:
THEN ABOUT 4MONTHS AGO I SPOKE OVER THE PHONE TO ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO WENT APESHIT THT ID BEEN GIVEN THE PILLS AGAIN,ITS LIKE U CANT WIN
I KNOW MYSELF AS WELL AS YOU PROBABLY DO TO WULLIE THAT FOR DIAZEPAM TO WORK PROPERLY YOU NEED MORE AND MORE AS YOUR BODY GETS IMMUNE TO THE EFFECTS ,I HATE MYSELF FOR EVER PUTTING THEM BACK IN MY MOUTH BUT I WAS SO DESPARATE ID HAVE PROBABLY SWALLOWED ANYTHING IF I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER .

WULLIE IVE GOT OFF THEM ONCE I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT IF I DID ANYONE CAN :wub: :)

LOTS LOVE DIANE XXXX :rolleyes:

wullie
02-17-2006, 07:37 AM
hey folks,
thats me on a steady dose at 22mg the doc isnt going 2 reduce me now for a few months because she thinks a was coming of them 2 fast so she has advised me 2 take it easy from now , she thinks it going 2 take ages but a will get there a hope.

take care

Wullie :P

dino
02-18-2006, 07:14 AM
HI WULLIE
LIKE I SAID BEFORE GREAT ON YOU FOR TRYING TO COME OF THE DIAZAPAM
I DID IT ONCE WULLIE I KNOW ITS A LONG HARD ROAD BUT I HAVE EVERY FAITH IN YOU ,JUST PROMISE ME THAT YOU WONT COME DOWN TO FAST ,I KNOW IM NOT A DOCTOR BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN THEY TRIED ONCE TAKING ME OFF THEM TO FAST I WAS A COMPLETE WRECK AND ENDED UP BACK AT SQUARE ONE SO PLEASE PLEASE DO IT SLOWLY WULLIE

LOTS LOVE DIANE (dino)XXXX

PS I TO AM REDUCING MINES AT THE MOMENT BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD ONLY 1MG PER WEEK

http://bestsmileys.com/silly/13.gif HAHA

ocdsux
03-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I was put on xanax for a while, then learned through doctors/my own research that it only lasted a couple hours and then gave a good amount of people rebound anxiety. I took it for about 6 months daily then tossed my bottle out one day. After that was diazepam. I stayed on it for close to 2 years. I felt pretty sleepy all the time and my concentration and memory took a drastic novedise. After realizing all this and that it only worked b/c I was so sedated course I wouldn't have anxiety, then learning that this stuff stays in your body for the longest time after stopping it I asked to be taken on. It has been about a year now and my memory and concentration have not come back and they Dr said it may not. I refuse to touch them again. I didn't have withdrawal symptoms and didn't wean off. I just abruptly stopped taking them. Though when I would miss then for 2 days say I would sweat a lot and feel paranoid. After stopping them this lated for myabe 3 days then I was fine. I feel much better now on other medicines. Just hate how I'm still having effects from it.

wullie
03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I was put on xanax for a while, then learned through doctors/my own research that it only lasted a couple hours and then gave a good amount of people rebound anxiety. I took it for about 6 months daily then tossed my bottle out one day. After that was diazepam. I stayed on it for close to 2 years. I felt pretty sleepy all the time and my concentration and memory took a drastic novedise. After realizing all this and that it only worked b/c I was so sedated course I wouldn't have anxiety, then learning that this stuff stays in your body for the longest time after stopping it I asked to be taken on. It has been about a year now and my memory and concentration have not come back and they Dr said it may not. I refuse to touch them again. I didn't have withdrawal symptoms and didn't wean off. I just abruptly stopped taking them. Though when I would miss then for 2 days say I would sweat a lot and feel paranoid. After stopping them this lated for myabe 3 days then I was fine. I feel much better now on other medicines. Just hate how I'm still having effects from it.

hi ocdsux,
ave been told of my doctor that if a stop them it could cause me 2 fit and a dont fanncie taken a fit it would make me pannic,2 me diazipam does nothing 2 me but a still need them dont no why but a do it scares me that one day they wont be there!

wullie :(