PDA

View Full Version : Love Librium

honestangel
04-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Those of you who read my pre-flight post awhile back know how bad a shape I was in. To anyone with any anxiety disorder...Librium is freaking awesome! I made it through the airport and flight (there and back), I made it through Disneyland (twice), and most important, I made it to the awards banquet honoring my husband's store as number one in the country! The downfall is the pill takes anywhere from 30-55 minutes to actually kick in, so you gotta take it in advance. But I was allowed 6 a day, so I just spaced them out as needed.
I wish I could say I'm doing great, but I'm really not. Don't get me wrong, the anxieties are amazingly better. But my depression is still increasing. I remember thinking one time over there "who the hell feels depressed going to Disneyland?!" But I have an appointment in a few days so hopefully we can get a handle on that.
For those of you that don't know, I have suffered from severe anxieties on and off (sometimes completely debilitating) for 7 years. This is the best they have been under control in a really long time. I totally recommend asking your doctor about Librium(there is a generic which is cheaper). As always, make sure you can be monitered consistantly when changing medicines. Good luck to all! :D

Sgt. Zed
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Your husband runs Wal-Mart?

Lol, jsut kidding, but glad to see your meds are working out. I don't recommend them but everyone's different, so I just hope you luck if you get the withdrawal symptoms.

honestangel
04-16-2009, 04:03 PM
What kind of withdrawal symptoms? They actually seem like they're not working as well as they were in the beginning. It's so hard to tell though with all the different meds I'm on and my egomaniac psychiatrist who barely talks to me. I hurt her ego once I guess because I had a concern about a medicine, and ever since she's like all snippy with me and won't tell about me about meds except to take them. So, if you have any info, especially personally, about Librium, I'd love to hear it, good or bad.

gritty
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey I m new, but thought I would chime in. I would run far far away from Librium and any other benzos. Withdrawal is horrible and you will build up a tolerance in as little as two weeks. i always had anxiety but i was never agoraphobic until after i stopped taking it.

honestangel
05-12-2009, 06:49 PM
thanks, but i'm not really even taking them anymore. they pretty much stopped working anyway. and my other meds are so screwed up the librium's actually the least of my problems. but thanks for the concern.

Chrisofsmeg
07-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Honestangel:

Have you had any luck with the Libirum yet? I was vaguely considering talking to my doctor about it, as I'd like to have an alternative to Diazepam to try, even if I just end up going back to Diazepam. If I find something that works, all the better. It's remarkably hard to get anything stronger than that, Lorazepam is prescribed rarely in certain c***umstances, Clonazepam isn't licensed for anxiety in the UK and Alprazolam (Xanax) is NEVER EVER EVER prescribed. I'd be grateful to know if it has shown you any benefit.

Many thanks,

xxxxxx Chrisofsmeg xxxxxx

massagemom
08-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Ok well this post is kinda old, but wanted to put my two cents in. I have been on benzoids of one sort or another since I was 18. I have done the withdrawal thing, and it is nothing nice, but neither is not breathing. Having said that, I can remember taking librium when I was in my mid twenties, for me it was like a timed released valium. Not too strong not too mild but just right. I dont remember what milligram I was on or how many times a day I was prescribed it. But out of all the benzoids I have been prescribed, outside of the xanax, librium worked the best for me.

good luck,

I hope this information helps

Massagemom 8)