PDA

View Full Version : pains!

jessmosby
02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
is it normal to have pains in the arms and hands even though your not having a panic attack or going to have one.ive been suffering for 2 mths now with panic attacks i really feel that i can not cope. the doctor has prescribed me with sertraline 50mg but i think this might be bringing them on more.last night i had a panic attack for the first time in my sleep it was the most scariest thing i have ever gone through it only lasted a few minutes but that was enough.can someone help?

honestangel
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I've never had pains in my arms with my panic attacks. But my arms, starting with my fingers, do get numb. Don't know if this is helpful coming from someone who freaks out over any physical or mental change, but maybe you should let your doctor know. Especially if you think it's from the new medicine. Have you tried the medicine Cymbalta? It's for a lot of things like panic attacks, depression, and other things I think, but it also helps a lot with physical pain. I don't take it anymore cause it didn't help enough with my anxieties/depression, but it helped a little and did wonders for my severe back pain. I probably didn't help much, but I hope you feel better.

honestangel
02-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh, I forgot. I have gotten pains in my chest and head sometimes because of panic attacks. :? And once, I had a really severe panic attack and freaked myself out so bad that my left arm started to hurt because I thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't, but at the time I thought for sure I was dying.

honestangel
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Did you have a panic attack while you were asleep? Could you describe it? If you don't want to , I understand. I just always wondered if you could get an attack if you were already asleep.