PDA

View Full Version : Prothiaden (dosulepin)

dino
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Hiya

Just want to know if anyone here is on Prothiaden (dosulepin) and if so did they help with panics and anxiety if anyone sees this please let me know and what dose etc

I have been on them since last friday 50mg and she said if tolorated to be increased to 100mg in two weeks time, my gp told me they should of calmed me down a bit due to the sedation part but atm nothing is calming me down ,thing is last week the shrink at same time stopped my diazapams after being on them eight years i was only taking 2mg every third day so she assured me stopping altogether was safe thing is she also said at same time i had to come down from the pregabolin pish that imo has intensified my panic attacks and anxiety 10000 times so to be honest im not really going know if this other med is working or not yet until this others are completly oot of my system :(

Have been so bad severe panic attacks etc i ended up having a locum doctor come out on saturday night ,he suggested i take extra propranonols until this pregabolin is out my system but even that is not touching the sides to alliviate any of this symptoms the lightheadness being the worst and depersonlisation lethargy etc is severe to ,basically if i was a dog i would be put down lol :roll:

seriously i have had enough of all this just to atm get out bed is a huge effort and when i can i feel so ill can only stay up for approx an hour before needing lie down again :(

Anyway sorry for writing a novel here re my meds im here like amy winehouse ffs :D

dino
xxx

annie
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
dino,
It seems you've stumbled on the one medication I've never been on! I just wanted to wish you luck coming off of the diazepam and lyrica though. You deserve some relief for once. All my best. xxxxxxxx

Cheers,
annie

FLORENCE
01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Dino ....

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Hugs/HUGS_BEARRAINANIM-vi.gif (http://www.freecommenttags.com)

I cannot even pronounce it ,, wish I knew something about it :( :(

FLORENCE xxx

jenanne
01-20-2009, 06:46 PM
[color=#FF40FF]Dino Lass

Sorry hun dont know anything about that med hope you get a good effect from it though

Love Ya
Jenx

molly-m
01-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi dino, i have been on dosulepin 75mg for about 4 years they used to be called dothiepin i take mine at night, i find they do help with my depression and i am less anxious,i find that they help me calm down and i can sleep at night, but i also take temazepam in the day which help, i find if i take 10mg of temazepam before i have to go doctors or pop to the local shop do calm me down and i'm less lightheaded i still cant go out on my own to a shop but i can walk my dogs alone now which i could not do before, i have been on a few different meds none which as worked as well as the two i'm on now, i rearly hope they work for you molly-m xx

dino
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Hiya everyone

A huge thank you to all for your kind replies , molly i hope you don't mind me asking but can you remember did they take a few weeks to work as some idiot gp said to me only last week they should of calmed me immediately, i thought wtf is he on as i know myself there an anti trycillic not like a benzo ,the other gp then said they do indeed take a couple of weeks to work oh im here at a loss one edjit doc contradicting the other :cry:

were you also on the tamazapam at same time i hope you do not think im being to nosy here i'm just desperate for any relief from all this :x that is another one i have not been on here they only tend to give temazapam in emergencies

Again a huge http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p251/dino_042/thankYouRosesWhReflect.gifto everyone for your replies it is as always much appriciated :)

love dino
xxxxxxx

molly-m
01-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi dino, i was given temazepam about 6 months before i was given dosulepin as i was given a couple other meds before dosulepin but my gp did say that they work well together, with the dosulepin they took about 3-4 weeks to work as for the temazepam i take them if i have to go out they have made it possible for me to get round local shops, if i dont have a temazepam i cant get to the shop i would say the temazepam have helped me the most as it does stop me going lightheaded, i did use to take the temazepam before bed to start with they didn't help much untill a while back my gp said try them in the day instead, so now i take one whenever i have to go out, i would say the dosulepin they help me with depression and my anxiety and temazepam make me a lot calmer and less dizzy, i hope this helps if you need any more information i'm happy to help if i can, molly-m x