PDA

View Full Version : S.A.D & Depression Treatments?

silentfrost
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey everyone,

This is Tom from chat. I was wondering what possible treatments are best for my conditions? I've been been doing some research and found three that would fit into what I have but they don't sound really specific about S.A.D. The three i have found are Paxil, Lexapro and Celexa. I was wondering if there are any others or which one of the three I mentioned would work best?

Thanks,
Tom

jools
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
hi tom.i also get SAD,and its bloody awful,people just dont understand,and they say stuff like"oh everyone gets a bit down during the winter months",but as you will know,its a lot more than that...well it is for me anyway.i dont know when it first began for me,but i suffered the most awful black depressions for years.i start to get that feeling of dread around late september,just knowing that winter is coming,but it really kicks in when the clocks go back.it sounds mad but i feel that life just isnt worth it,and i will just cry for no apparent reason,and i just cant see the point in getting up each day,i just lose interest in everything,i feel permanently angry,my sleep patterns go totally haywire,and my anxiety levels soar....its like having PMT for several months...and i get that too so winter is just great fun.....er not.i tend to drink way to much too,and that doesnt help at all.my salvation is my litlle light box.they are not cheap im afraid to say,mine was one of the cheaper ones though £70 from boots chemists.but i can recommend it though,i still get down days,but it really helps to take the edge off it,a light at the end of the tunnel....literally.hope this is of some help to you.

honestangel
02-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Have you had doctors test your pituitary gland? I found out that my past 7 years of severe anxiety and depression, after most treatments didn't work, is a result of a malfunctioning pituitary gland. It basically sents out random signals to my brain telling it to create the wrong levels and types of hormones. All of this causes symptoms like anxiety, depression, dizziness, headaches, weight gain, acne... all sorts of nasty stuff. Check it out.