PDA

View Full Version : sleeping pills and paxil

tommygirl25
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I am on paxil for my depression and panic attacks, and I take desyrel for sleep. The doctors just increased my dose yesterday to two tablets each. I am now on 40mg of the paxil and 100mg of the desyrel. I have really bad problems with sleeping, the sleeping pills don't work at all, they just make me feel high and goofy. I only got 3 hours again last night of sleep, and everytime I wake up I still feel high for about 4 hours. The paxil is just making angry in the afternoons and at night. I feel ok during the day but around 2pm it starts to wear off and then I get feelings of emptiness and anger. I hate having a good day and then feel like crap at night then I feel like cutting cause I feel like I am out of control. I need to feel in control of something soon or I am going to lose my mind. I miss having control over my body and my emotions, that was the only thing that I have ever felt like I have control over and now I don't even have that. I can't even come on chat at night without getting in trouble and arguing with my husband because he doesn't understand anything that I am going thru. The doctors said they will up my doses even more if this doesn't work, but I am hoping that with the therapy and some sleep I will get better. Also I have one more week for the paxil to kick in to my blood system. Lazey helped me last night and I owe you lazey, I thank you very much. I got an urge to cut and I just said it to the chat room instead of waiting and having it build inside me til I can't take it anymore. Lazey started to play my pick one game and she made it funny(I think because she was high too off her meds,lol) but it worked I played it and I didn't cut. She called me too and its the first time I have ever heard her voice she is so cute and sweet. Lazey you are my sister, I love you sweetie and thank you so much for last night. Let's hope the drugs start to work soon cause I am getting sick of feeling like this.
Love you all so much,
tommygirl25

06-22-2006, 11:20 AM
LOL, I was knocked off my butt with them last night.

Lazey you are my sister, I love you sweetie and thank you so much for last night. Let's hope the drugs start to work soon cause I am getting sick of feeling like this.
ROFLMAO... ok, I know you didn't mean it like that. *Hugs* Love you too Tommy.
The sleeping pils might work better if you took them earlier in the night, but I dunno how well a sleeping pill that akes you feel silly can help.

BTW, Tommy has a nice voice, sounds very young and I could tell she was eating something because I heard her chewing. LOL.