PDA

View Full Version : My Agro

LionHeart
03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Well i have been house bound for nearly 2 years and the only thing i do go out for is to go see the woman who does anxiety managment with me and when i go see her i tent to be really bad, ive made small steps but just when i think im making progress i seem to return to my "starting point" ive just turned 23 and i really need to be doing something with my life but i cant atm so im just stuck at home even tho i constantly have panic attacks here aswell. i do feel like im stuck at a dead end. any advice would be useful :)

sunny
03-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi Lionheart. The main thing that seems to be working for me is frequency, and frequency, and more frequency. Pick something. Anything. To walk three houses away and then do it. Every morning and every night for a week. Then four houses, then five. Or pick another goal.

At the moment I'm working on shopping centres. I go everyday and walk slowly from one end to the other. I'm sure security is gonna pick me up as some kinda shopping stalker, but I do it anyway. Every day. At times of panic I always have my MP3 with inspirational downloads for strength. Some shops I can even go into now. Others, I haven't managed yet.

Hope that helps.

Sunny

Jim B
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Hello I am new here :)

Just like to say I did same same thing that sunny did with the mall. I first started off when the mall has just opened in the morning, on the least busy day of course so there is little traffic. We all have different levels of agoraphobia, the best I can handle at a store is a line up of maybe three people on a good day. You have to keep testing your self daily with gaols, or baby steps as they say.

dino
03-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Hiya Jim

I to have agoraphobia ,like yourself up to about nine months ago was managing to some days venture into a small store keep up the good work :)

I am now here kicking myself as due to my severe lightheadness panic etc i once again stupidly gave in and let the severe panic beat me so here i am back to being totally housebound :(

It is stories like yours and sunnys that give me hope

A huge welcome to the site :) http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p251/dino_042/67809f7d.jpg
love dino
xxxxxx

LionHeart
03-29-2008, 03:10 PM
well lucky enough i have a shop about 5 mins from my house so i will defo try what you have told me. thanks guys and i hope to have some good news soon :P