PDA

View Full Version : agrophobia

grenge
02-26-2008, 12:52 PM
looking for ways to rid myself of agrophobia any ideas
:rolleyes:

DP
03-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Hi grenge, im agoraphic too and there is no quick fix just little and often to overcome it. Everyone is different and its only done at your own pace. Welcome to the site btw :)

Stray
03-08-2008, 05:23 AM
i have some if you want extra.

In fact, i have waaaaaay too much.

jade
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
best thing I ever did was go to my doctor and get anti-deps called clomipramine, especially for ocd and agoraphobia.... they are a different type of anti-dep than prozac, citalopram, seroxat etc as they are ssris and these are tricyclics. They worked wonders for me, miracle pills... I've been on loads of differebt meds but these actually pulled me out of it and I even went 300 miles down south in portsmouth to visit my family, something I never thought possible, EVER. But it wasn't to be because I put on a heck of alot of weight and even tho I was constantly at gym and doc put me on obesity pills I STILL kept putting on weight :angry: I started off really slim at 8 and a half stone (I'm 5 foot 4 btw) but after 6-8 months I was a plump 11 stone!!!! grrrrrrrrr..... having said that though I would absolutely recommend them to anyone because people are different and you may not put on as much weight, if any. I'm on high dose o prozac now and yeee harrr getting nice n slinky n skinny again but not able to leave more than 5 miles away from my house :(
I'm waiting for art therapy and the bloke at the intro appointment was lovely, I felt at ease and have heard from different friends that this has really helped them when other therapies didn't ie. psychologists/shrinks. So if you have had a difficult past which could be contributing to your anxieties I would deffo get on the waiting list for this as the waiting lists are huge and usually well over a year.
Wow I have really rambled on here but I hope I havent sent you to sleep <_< and I know that everyone reacts differently to meds but these tabs were so good for me so I always want to let others know about them...it's worth a try. And believe me my anxiety and panic attacks were so severe even docs and nurses said so. I really really hope you get some help and comfort from this site

hayze
03-21-2008, 10:12 AM
[ :D
Hello Im new to this site today in fact, Ive had this disgusting fear agraphobic thing for eight years Oh despair, anyway Ive just discovered a therapy called NLP its good first thing that seems to be helping, not a quick cure but a good one hope this might be of some help xx