PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im New.

LisaMufc_x
01-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi everyone, im Lisa, and ive just turned 20. ive had Agoraphobia for about a year now.i knew i kind had it because i didnt go out for about 3months and when i did i just had bad panic attacks etc. it started basically when my 6th form shut down because school coudnt offerd to keep it runing and we was just about to do the exams so that knocked me back abit. :mellow: ive never been the most confidents of people im a very shy person. ive been taking prozac for it and i go see my doctor every 3months but i find its getting worser not better. i do go out at times but i only like my comfort zones. if i go in a busy place like a town centre etc i have bad panic attacks,dizzyness, i havent even been able to go to my grandparents for about 6months.i have 2 go get a second opinion. which im really scared about. but im glad i found this forum to talk to people who have it cause i feel like well the typical teen thing when i found out i had it no one understands my mums been very supportive but my dad doesnt really understand. i just wonderd aswell does anyone know any good books i can purchase for Agoraphobia? anyway ill stop rambling on now :P [SIZE=7]

-Meg-
01-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Hey Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, lovely to meet you!

There are lots of ppl here with agoraphobia .... I hope you find some support and great friends :)

Meg xxx

LisaMufc_x
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Lisa,

There are lots of ppl here with agoraphobia .... I hope you find some support and great friends :)

Meg xxx

LisaMufc_x
01-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Lisa,

Meg xxx

oops, wrong box :blink: thank you :)

dino
01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Hiya Lisa
A huge welcome to the forum ,you will find loads of support both on here and in chat :)
Love dino
xxxxxx

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p251/dino_042/67809f7d.jpg

FLORENCE
01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
:) :)

Lisa,,,, Welcome to the forum,.,,,,

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Your%20Welcome/BEARSWING_WELCOMEANIM-vi.gif ('http://www.freecommenttags.com')

You will find a lot of people who suffer and have suffered from agoraphobia in chat also,,, it will be good to talk to them,,

FLORENCE xxxx

DP
01-08-2008, 07:56 AM
hi lisa nice to see you here hope you find some help and support like the rest of us :)

LisaMufc_x
01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanx for Welcoming me to the site =D

Stray
03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
been a long time since i rock and rolled.

jenanne
03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Welcome Lisa you will find great support and understanding
here.

Jenx

jade
03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
welcome :) :D

jade
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
you are the same age as me when I started out with it, 19. I'm 23 now. There is a good book called overcoming anxiety by dr chris williams and it's about overcoming negative thinking/agoraphobia etc. My cpn used it with me but to be honest I find that reading too much into my condition can make me worse! The best bit of advice my psychologist said to me is to stop asking "why me?" to stop trying to get rid of it and to accept it as part of my personality.i thought he didn't know what he was going on about but it has really helped me to accept the days when I am not so good and to stop dwelling on the bad times