PDA

View Full Version : paxil

skid
12-28-2007, 05:01 AM
i suffer fron depression,social phobia,anxity,agrophobia.i have just come ofcitalopram and feel like ive tried everything and too no avail.has anyone tried these and what do you think? :

alci
12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Skid,

I suffer from panic attacks, gad, and depression. When I first developed these disorders around 2 years ago, I tried several different medications before I finally found the right one. The frustration with this is they want you to give each drug 4 to 6 weeks to feel the total effects of the drug. Which after the 5th or 6th drug, I ran out of patience. My doc then put me on a combo of Paxil CR 25 mgs and Xanax. The xanax helped to calm me when the attacks got really bad and while I was waiting to see if Paxil was going to do anything. I had just about given up hope and thought I would just be miserable. Then slowly after about 2 weeks and pushing myself out the front door, I finally made it to the mailbox, which at this point in time was a huge accomplishment for me. Then everyday the attacks came less and less until i was panic free for about a year. I then decided I was "healed" and weened off the drug even though my doc told me not yet. Well, needless to say, I went back downhill and am now back on my Paxil. My doc calls me a "lifer" -I will always need this drug to balance out my brain. Paxil was a hard one to start on cause it made me nauseaos and tired, but that decreases over time.

Anyways, sorry for the long story but just do not give up hope of finding the right med. I know it gets so frustrating but it will be worth it when you do. If you ever need to talk or ask about any other anti-depressants, let me know. I think i have been through them all. Hope you feel better soon.

Ali

George
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
I am on a small dose of Paxcil and it gets me through very nicely. I was also made aware that I need to balance meals better and not skip them as that seems to add to my anx.
G

anxietysucks
01-22-2011, 09:26 AM
ok im thinking about going on paxil too, i heard it causes massive weight gain, why do they say that? is it cause you get hungry? did this happen to any of you?

GladeRunner
10-01-2011, 03:04 AM
many of these drugs have a weight gain side effect. It is always going to be a trade off. In the grand scheme of things paxil is pretty mellow., I wouldnt worry about taking it.

Ace321
11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Paxil has caused me to gain 50+ pounds in about a year.....rediculous. At times i feel like I can't eat enough. I hate Paxil. Just changed meds. The withdrawl from Paxil is awful.

spacecadet
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
I was on paxil in high school. I gained about 40 lbs in about a year and it wasnt just weight, it was like an unnatural puffiness, especially in my face! I felt like a zombie and if i ever missed my pill I would freak out, kinda like everything that I ignored while medicated came rushing in if i forgot to take it.
The biggest thing I dont like about paxil is that i got super super sick when i went off of it! Apparently I was having withdrawls. I did not wean myself off like u should tho, I just stopped taking it. I could not hold down food or water for over a month! I was in the dr every other day n they ran lotsa tests b4 finally realizing it was from stoppin paxil. I honestly thought i was dying tho cuz i was so so sick. I think my family was worried too. Anyways, I just wanted to share that so that if anyone does go on it make sure to wean urself off becouse the withdrawl is unbearable!

kiana carrie
11-23-2011, 01:55 AM
i am on zoloft 50mg and half a xanxas it helps alot compare to when i firsted started having panic attacks they had me on xanxas 0.5 mg twice a day it helped but i got hooked on them so i got my self off then i started zoloft had some side effects jaw clenching i lost weight im always tired and i have night sweats and my legs would'nt stop shaken but over time all that went away.it helps alot thought u just have wait for the right meds to kick in