PDA

View Full Version : Some help please...

JonnyH
12-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Well I've always got anxiety when leaving the house and I had to go places. But recently it has gotten worse and is really affecting my life, besides not going to the store to pick up stuff I need for myself. I just completed my first semester of college, and it didn't turn out so well. The first 2-3 weeks my stomach would feel really bad and a lot of times I would puke before class, but I still managed to go. Then my car broke down, and I couldn't drive myself. I was supposed to ride the city bus, and I just couldn't so I didn't go to class for 3 weeks. Then when my car finally got fixed it had snowed and the roads were icy. Now just driving would make me feel like I was going to have a panic attack. So... I didn't go to class, and if my parents were home I'd just drive a few blocks away and hang out in a parking lot for the hour or so while I was supposed to be in class.

I still live with my parents (I'm 18, 19 in March,) but am likely to be kicked out after they find out I failed all my classes. I don't have a very good relationship with them but they do care a lot. They know I need counseling and I know I need counseling, but I can't bring myself to asking them for help. All this is making me really stressed out, and I haven't been eating very much lately or sleeping very well. I just can't take the first step and ask for help.

12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi JonnyH

And http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif to the site.
as you i started panics@anxietys at a young age, kicked out of scholl.
my parents could not understand lot's what was going on.
but again1 thing they did understand was i needed counseling.
i hope you bring your self to tell them , i think they could understand
i hope in time you see putting it off wont help you.again welcome.
what you re going threw many here can understand.
there lot's of info in counseling, tho i started this at the age of
13 to 21 and drank to get out, wich made it worst 10 times more worst and not a soul under stood, the help i got
was amazing , just i feel back in fear, there lots they will offer to you.
i am sending you my best hopes you tell some one so you get the right
help you deserve, all the best and nice to meet you, there a lote of ppl that
can reliate to you here,sorry your going threw such a hard bitt.

lvs cheer xxxxxxx

dino
12-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Dear JonnyH
First of a huge welcome to the forum ,secondly i am sorry to see that you are going through such a hard time,i as many on here can relate to panic etc it is a hell :(

May i suggest you maybe show your parents the post you have just wrote here in that the hope that they will give you all the support and help you so rightly need and deserve ,as a parent myself believe me there is nothing better than a parents love on your 1st step to as i said getting you the help you need
Wishing you all the best :)
love dino
xxxxxx
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p251/dino_042/i178868103_48058_4.jpg

FLORENCE
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
:( :(

Johnny H,,, I am very sorry u r having such a bad time ,,,I can relate,,to your feelings,,,
You mentioned that your parents do care !! Well I am a mother of three adult children and I would most definately want to have any of my children come to me or their Dad ,, instead of suffering in silence,,,They will be there for u Johnny,,They love you just plz tell them,,or as Dino so very wisely pointed out show them this it is good they know how many others suffer ,,,It is nothing to be ashamed off nor should be kept inside ,,
Good luck to you ,, Johnny ,,,,keep in touch ,,,,,

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Your%20Welcome/WELCOME10_03.gif ('http://www.freecommenttags.com')

FLORENCE xxxxx

GrammyBear
03-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I agree, tell them, explain how you feel in a ordinary conversation (letters or emails if you can't handle facing them), what you go through, convince them at least enough to understand you have real problems that require attention and you are not just a lazy slacker making excuses. Some folks just have trouble wrapping their minds around these conditions really existing but if you get past that with your parents, friends, heck even teachers...your world will improve where you can at least learn cope and get the help you need.
/Bear Hugs and Good Luck!

watsonnichola
03-16-2008, 07:14 PM
welcome johnny i also can relate as not likr u my parents didn't understand or want to know,i always got told 2 pull my socks up. i feel 4 u hun but plz let ur parents know if they dont understand try ur best 2 make them, i know if my parents listened an learned at my young age i prob wont b here now

welcome hunny, take care