PDA

View Full Version : Effexor

jade
12-14-2007, 05:46 AM
I have just gone on this today to try and lose the weight I put on whilst on CLOMIPRAMINE. i know it is addictive and has a bad name, I know that so please please don't put any scary stories on I'm begging you not to. Has anyone lost weight on this or knows of anyone who has? Does anyone have anything GOOD to say of it???? Please reply I am desperate I hate being fat

02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
hi jade
i started effexor 3 days ago 75g once a day so far just had few side effects .
it s different with everyone so u keep me posted and ill keep u posted
hugs gayls

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/gayl64/300.gif

Stu
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I started it 10 days ago. Was ok but yesterday felt really tired lethargic, dazed, tearful, anxious. I suppose thats what i had in the first place but am panicking its the efexor taking aim. Anybody similar experience?

jade
02-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I didn't get those symptoms while going onto them but I did whilst trying to come off them :( unfortunately they didn't really help my anxiety so I'm coming off them and on prozac instead. A word of warning tho, deffo make sure that if and when you ever do come off them you do it really gradually. I did lose weight on them tho :)

Jenks
02-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I have just gone on this today to try and lose the weight I put on whilst on CLOMIPRAMINE. i know it is addictive and has a bad name, I know that so please please don't put any scary stories on I'm begging you not to. Has anyone lost weight on this or knows of anyone who has? Does anyone have anything GOOD to say of it???? Please reply I am desperate I hate being fat

hi Jade,

im pretty sure this is how to post a reply..
i have been on effexor for over 4 years, and four days ago decided it was my last pill (i was on the lowest dose anyway). it has helped me tremendously with my shyness and depression especially, as well as some anxiety issues. it's a very difficult drug to withdraw from, even lowering mg's.. but it works very well when treating depression and anxiety, from personal experience.

best of luck to you,
email/message me anytime,
jenks

Stu
02-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I have lost a stone and a half!!

jade
03-03-2008, 11:58 AM
:) thanx for the replies guys... jenks how are you getting on withdrawing from them have you found it hard? I'm currently down to half a tab every other day but it still isn't very nice but thankfully I have doubled my prozac and feeling a bit better. Stu, WELL DONE! Prozac are another good pill to lower your appetite...mine has gone! Are you finding the venlafaxine are helping you?

Stu
03-03-2008, 12:19 PM
well maybe. its 3 weeks now, felt ok today but tired - but then sleep has been crap. I think most of my weight loss may be down to no beer! That said i had my first pint in 6 weeks yesterday - felt great!! Maybe the efexor os starting to kick in, but its often one step forward two steps back! Watch this space!

03-30-2008, 02:39 AM
hows the meds going now stu settled now
tc dame edna gayls