PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your time inside?

austinbound
11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi everybody! I would just like to hear how a lot of you spend your time when housebound. I'm on disability and spend my days and nights just watching television or dabbling on the computer and it's becoming maddening. I'm not completely homebound but spend the majority of time at home due to the agoraphobia and depression, for example, today is my eighth day of not being able to get up the nerve to go out.

dnyll531
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
well i was just told today that i am agoraphobic, i thought that i just had really bad social anxiety. but i am usually awake and active for only 10-12 hours a day, sometimes less bc my meds make me really tired. but i watch tv, get online, chatting on here passes a lot of time. we also have all the movie channels at my home so i can always find something to watch on tv. i recently started playing internet games too. cleaning sometimes, reading are others things i find tht pass a little time. exercising helps too. cant think of anything else right now but if i do i will let u know. :( :P :D

DP
11-30-2007, 06:06 AM
I see the kids off to school/college then clean up. Once ive done that ill either make some cards or craft things if i have an order or tv or sleep. It can get maddening and depressing thats why i sleep to pass the boredom.
I find having my craft hobby helps if i didn't i'd live in bed lol.

dnyll531
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
ah, that is what i need........a hobby!!!!!!! where can i buy one of those?lol

^tank^
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I like to exercise alot been into bodybuilding for nine years now helps clear my mind, also my pets keep me occupied.

DP
12-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Exercise is a good way to help depression too but its a catch 22 your to tired to exercise so get depressed.
My pets help keep me busy :)

austinbound
12-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks everybody for your responses. I have pets to help keep me occupied and they are a lot of company too. I really need to start exercising too which is great advice - I'm usually so fatigued that I blow it off but I need to push through that and do it anyway.

Thanks again!

Anna
12-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Hiya Gang!!!!

I also have hobbies they are a very good distraction for my Anxieties as well as passing the time of day.

I tend to get up late morning as I'm always up late my mind never switches off.

I do all my house work if I can be bother lol !!!! clean up after my dog and potter about the house.

In the summer I'm always in my garden best time of year for me.

I have a lil step grandaughter now I have spent a few days looking after her so lots more of them to come I hope.

Love
Anna
xxxx
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/Anna1968/11b4073a1.gif

jade
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
hmmm what do I do when agro? cross-stitch, magazines, puzzles and competitions, housework (ocd lol) excercise vids (like Tank I find excercise amazing) cooking, internet, books, writing letters. xxx

blondeandblack
12-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Geez.....have I ever struggled with this. I write a LOT, exercise (aerobics and pilates), correspond with a soldier I adopted (she's amazing), I talk on the phone constantly (it seems like people call me day and night with their grievances...I'm a regular hotline), clean (I swear, I've spent have of my life at the sink washing dishes I cannot recall ever using), try to do e-Bay, help organize musical events independently with my friend (hi, here I am on the phone again), and READ, READ, READ.

thugaveli
01-11-2008, 04:38 AM
I listen to a lot of music, ive got my headfones on most of the time :unsure: i find it helps distract me from reality

I enjoy playing my keyboard (most of the times) but even anxiety and depression effects my concentration so i have "frustrating" days even when im on my own
Im always writing down how i feel, kinda keep a diary to try and gain a better understanding of myself

I pretty much isolate myself from everyone, occassionally ill go upto my mums for a couple of hours in the evening when my anxiety is a little less

Other than that im either chattin to friends on the net or sleeping i guess :unsure:

I dont watch much tv during the daytime its usually in the evening before i go bed
Oh and sometimes play on the xbox but i usually get depressed of playin it after 20 minutes unless my mate comes round

Some people would say we live an easy life but i bet more than 90% of outgoing people couldnt live like we do, being stuck in most of our lifes

Dianna
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Hon,
like you, I'm not completely homebound, but because of my agoraphobia and social society i don't go out much. i spend most of my time cleaning my house and watching tv. i have a dog and he takes up allot of time. plus i have a little pot garden, it's fun , productive, plus you get to eat what you plant. i always suggest gardening for agoraphobics cause you don't even have to go outside. just have a little pot in the windowsill . anyway i hope you have a good day. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/becky294238/garden.gif
luv ya
Dianna

Stray
03-08-2008, 05:34 AM
i airbrush.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5224/dragon005smlwl0.jpg

GrammyBear
03-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Oooh, thats wonderful stray.

I do all sorta things to distract myself like playing world of warcraft, gladiatus, ogame and other games online, color in coloring books (yes Ima old kid lol), take hot bubble baths with music on, paint my toenails weird, watch movies, read books, cook, play with my macaw and my daughters cats and dog, write poems, rearrange stuff, crosswords, jizsaw puzzles (online and off)...the list goes on. I specially like visiting with other folks online, kidding around with them and trying to help if I can.
I haven't left the house 5 times in as many years so being self entertaining was a must for mere survival to me and I couldn't stand how me wallowing in misery was effecting those I love. My oldest daughter and I live together and she has many of the same problems...some days we're down together (those are really tough),but most we hold each other up.
I digress, hang in there hon...with hope, things get better.

austinbound
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Once again I'd like to thank everyone for your input, I've gotten a lot of good ideas from you all!