View Full Version : OMG

10-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone

OMG today I went into town & I accidently walk in some sick (near a pub). I walked another few feet & there was some more! then ppl were outside they looked to be acting strange, I felt trapped by sick. my mind was focusing on "These ppl outside r gonna be sick".
I did eventually calm down. I CANT STAND IT, ITS DISGUSTING. :( :( :( :( :(

:(

Thanks for listening

Judith xx

debsdelight
10-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Hi Judith,

That must have been a horrible experience, least you managed to calm yourself down. It was probably from someone drinking too much....Stupid drunks!!! I don't know about you but I keep replaying things like that in my head over and over again when all I really want to do is forget about it....why does my mind do that to me?

Hope you have got over it now.

Take care

Debbie X

jenanne
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
judith i agree with Debdie you did great managing to calm yourself down.

Well done for that and you are right its disgusting.

hope you are ok

Jenx

10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Judith,

That must have been a horrible experience, least you managed to calm yourself down.* It was probably from someone drinking too much....Stupid drunks!!!* I don't know about you but I keep replaying things like that in my head over and over again when all I really want to do is forget about it....why does my mind do that to me?

Hope you have got over it now.

Take care

Debbie X

Hi Debbie
I wondered if u were ok!
yeah I replay bad experiences in my head too!! I dont know why we do it!!!. Today I re traced my foot steps in the house cos I was convinced that I had contaminated my carpets. Oh things we do!!!.
It's a strange thing the mind isnt it? The more I tell myself to forget about it, the more I think about it.

Do u do the same if u see sick on the tv? I have my remote control at the ready!

yea I'm getting over it now, now that I can see that I'm not coming to any harm cos of it.
I dont know about you but I cant seem to be able to see I've gone for 19 years without being sick & I worry about germs but I never get any. The facts dont seem to sink in, I still sit & worry about it. You'd think that by now we would be able to see the facts for what they are.

hope you are well
speak soon
Judith x

debsdelight
10-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Hi Judith,

Glad to hear to you are getting over that disgusting experience.

You are right about the remote control, I sit there with it ready to mute any v* scenes and cover my eyes with a cushion. I must be mad but I love watching casualty but they have far too may v* scenes but I am not going to stop watching it, I just spend alot of time behind the cushion!!!

You are so lucky to have gone 19 years without being sick unfortuately coz I have got kids my record is not that long, I also suffer from gastritis which can make me sick ( not a good thing for an emet to suffer from) although I am hoping that in the long run this might actually help my phobia by making me realise that being sick is not as bad as I think it is, not happened yet but I live in hope!!

Take care

Debbie X

10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Debbie
How do you cope with having gastritis? It could be the gastritis that as caused the phobia.
I saw a therapist who's feild was anxiety, he has almost 30 years experience, he told me he worked with cancer patients who developed a fear of vomiting cos of the chemotherapy.

Most emets havent been sick for a long time, i've chatted to ppl on here who havent been sick for 30 probably more years.

I'm the same as my parents they r never sick, my mum eats for England LOL.
My dad eats food thats gone off! dosnt make him sick though.
I've a strong constitution.

Did I tell u my mum as parkinsons disease? diagnosed 6 years ago, she's getting worse, my dad is her full time carer. He gets tired & exausted, he gets help but it's difficult, when he's with her 24/7.
He wont give up & have her in care home though, you know what they're like at that age 75!
Too proud to give up!!! On 14 th Dec they wil have been married for 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

speak soon

Judith x

debsdelight
10-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Judith,

I am sorry to hear about your mum, I think that Parkinsons is a dreadful disease to watch someone go through and it must be so hard on your dad. But on a brighter note congratulations to them for being married for 50 years, quite a achievement!!

I wish I could blame my phobia on my gastritis but I have only recently developed gastritis, my doctors are investigting as to whether it was caused by a change in my contraceptive pill, I have now been on a new pill for about 4 months and the gastritis does seem to be easing up but that may be due to the fact that I have given up eating any spicy or greasy foods and am too scared to start eating them again incase they make me sick....gonna have to do it soon though otherwise the doctors won't know if it was my pill.

I think my phobia is from having a mum that had this phobia (not bad) and when I was sick when I was younger I was just shoved in the bathroom and left there on my own until it was over. As a result I now crave being with someone when I feel sick coz I am so scared of feeling ill and being on my own along with many other anxieties. Take care Debbie X

10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
judith i agree with Debdie you did great managing to calm yourself down.

Well done for that and you are right its disgusting.

hope you are ok

Jenx

Hi Jenx
Thanx for your reply.
I'm not to bad thanx :)

hope you are ok

Judith x

10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi Judith,

I am sorry to hear about your mum, I think that Parkinsons is a dreadful disease to watch someone go through and it must be so hard on your dad.* But on a brighter note congratulations to them for being married for 50 years, quite a achievement!!

I wish I could blame my phobia on my gastritis but I have only recently developed gastritis, my doctors are investigting as to whether it was caused by a change in my contraceptive pill, I have now been on a new pill for about 4 months and the gastritis does seem to be easing up but that may be due to the fact that I have given up eating any spicy or greasy foods and am too scared to start eating them again incase they make me sick....gonna have to do it soon though otherwise the doctors won't know if it was my pill.

I think my phobia is from having a mum that had this phobia (not bad) and when I was sick when I was younger I was just shoved in the bathroom and left there on my own until it was over.* As a result I now crave being with someone when I feel sick coz I am so scared of feeling ill and being on my own along with many other anxieties.* Take care* Debbie X

Hi Debbie

It's probably the spicy food that caused the gastitis. certain foods give me heart burn, really sweet stuff does.

Hey your childhood experience with being sick is almost exactly like mine.
My mum acted irationally, she used to take me down stairs give me a dish & left me to it. I slept on the chair & she slept on the settee & I darent wake her up, she told me to stay away from her.

Your experience explains why you asked your husband to come & take you home from shopping, you felt ill panicked & craved the security.
It's very clever isnt it how our subconcious mind craves to protect us from danger/fear/panic/anxiety.

I had some retail therapy today, I treat myself to a new top & shoes.
I went to get the bus home & the driver took ages, he kept going upstairs. I saw him with a cloth in his hand & I thought theworst, but it wasnt that it was something just as bad! someone had s**t on the bus!!! I panicked & didnt get on the bus, I was scared of getting germs & the thought of the driver handling my money after touching s**t completlet freaked me out.

anyway hope you are ok?

speak soon
Judith xx

debsdelight
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Judith,

Glad you enjoyed your retail tharapy, shame about the incident with the bus though....I wouldn't have got on the bus either!!!

I have been busy doing some xmas shopping....have to start early as I have so many people to buy for, doing quite well so far. I love xmas especially now that I have kids. the only bit that I hate about xmas is that we go to visit our families (we live 200 hundred miles from them) and there is always someone ill, I spend the whole time anxious that someone is going to get ill and we will catch it. Last year was lovely, we had xmas on our own and it was really special.

Isn't it spooky that we both have similar stories about when we were ill as children, my mum really blames herself for my phobia but I have a brother and sister who are not affected by sick at all, they just get on with it so I really believe that it must my personal make up that has made me like this. They do so that it is all about control and I am a bit of control freak so that probably has something to do with it.
Hope you are well
Take care Debbie X

10-23-2007, 07:06 PM
hi Debbie

For a few weeks I've had a bad smell in my kitchen thought it was my drain with all the wet weather! my yard is wet through.
Over the weekend it went worse awful smell like s**t & as you can guess it hasnt done my emets any favours.
It turns out that next door to me they have a puppy & it s**ts in the yard, their yard wall is cracked & thats where the wet & smell has come from! OMG I've been well panicking thinking i'll be sick & thinking I'll get contaninated, I lead in bed this morning panicking, shaking I was terrified! I feel pathetic. How stupid am I for being scared of a smell?
I had a massive panic attack on the phone to my dad.
I CANT STAND dirt & germs.

anyway on a better note the environment have been up & cleaned everything up in next doors yard & the smell as gone. I still fear it coming back though.

well enough of me
how are you good I hope?

thanks for listening
Judith xxxx

jade
10-24-2007, 10:02 AM
that story about the bus is DISGUSTING! Why would anyone in their right mind poo on a bus or anywhere in public for that matter? I don't even poop in anyone's toilet other than my own and public toilets, well. . . If I am desperate I just hover, NEVER sitting on the seat. Never have done, not even as a child. Hate germs which is odd as we have a 2 yr old daughter and ahe makes a right mess!!! I s'pose I don't mind as I know the house is clean as I do the housework lol. If I was on the bus I'd have jumped off and been in a right state. I got on a train once (4 yrs ago) and it was from London waterloo going all the way to Gillingham in Kent, it was the last train on a friday night and someone had puked. It stank. I had no choice but to stay on, else I'd have been stranded on waterloo station, and anyone who knows London will know that waterloo is not a safe place to be at any time, let alone late fri night! Reading about how you both developed your phobias after seeing your mothers reaction to sick really scared me as I dont react very well when my daughter vomits. I can't help it I just can't deal with it. What if I make her emetophobic? I feel so guilty :(