PDA

View Full Version : Effexor XR

dewey
06-24-2007, 12:27 AM
any of you take this? i want to know if I can get some negs and pos of this drug.

thx!

FLORENCE
06-24-2007, 03:33 AM
:) :) :)

HI DEWEY, I HAVE BEEN TAKING EFFEXOR XR FOR MANY YEARS NOW, ALONG WITH MY OTHER MEDS. I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE VERY GOOD FOR ME, IT'S HARD TO SAY GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THE MED , BECAUSE IT IS FOR ME A PART OF A COMBINATION OF MEDS THAT MY DR AND I HAVE FOUND TO BE EFFECTIVE,,, TOGETHER.... I KNOW THIS ISN'T MUCH HELP DEWEY, BUT IT'S ALL I CAN SAY ,,FOR ME IT'S A VERY GOOD MED.... FLORENCE :rolleyes:

jade
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
this med has been great for me and has helped me do things I never thought poss like travel from todmorden (w.yorks) via train to scarborough for a 3 day holiday :) yay

jade
10-06-2007, 06:17 AM
oops no, its anafranil (clomipramine) that helped me but the name rings a bell. If its another name for venlafaxine then it stopped my panic attacks but I took an overdose whilst on them and then coming off them was awful :angry:

Jenks
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
any of you take this? i want to know if I can get some negs and pos of this drug.
thx!

Hi Dewey,

I have been taking Effexor XR for over 4 years now and it has helped me tremendously with depression and anxiety, shyness especially. Over the past year I have been weening myself off very slowly, and it has been difficult. Four days ago, I took my last pill (lowest dosage) and am still feeling withdrawal effects. Im sure I will be feeling them for at least another week, just going by how hard it was with each dosage decrease. Other than that, the medicine works great and I wish you the best of luck.

Jenks