PDA

View Full Version : price

ocdsux
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I cannot believe the prices of medicine for mental issues. My insurance has an Rx program to where the most I pay is $50. Some drugs I take are as much as $250 so yes it's a big help, BUT it's still a lot. I'm on mutliple medicines - the Dr keeps trying to get it lower but it seems like I need 2 or 3 to be fine. They all seem to be the max $50, never generic available or lower prices. The medicines add up and it's just unreal. Next year at this time I will no longer have my Rx plan, there's no way possible to have multiple prescritpions at hundreds of dollars a piece. I take meds from other drs for other issues also. I just don't know how people afford it without Rx plan.

DP
03-25-2006, 09:30 AM
I live in uk and we call our NHS (national health service)rubbish but thank god for it as all our medicines are free in your on benefit. If i was working then we would have to pay for each item we need it is a scary thought that if i had to pay i wouldn't be able to afford it and become even more ill !

wullie
04-14-2006, 12:31 PM
hi,
am in the uk dont have to pay for it sorry that u have 2!

take care

WULLIE <_<

angie
04-14-2006, 12:41 PM
:angry: unfortunalty we have to pay for our medicines. obviously the kids get theirs free but me and my chap have to pay. it can get very expensive as there are a number of pain killers, inhalers and antibiotics at the moment so it works out quite alot of money. :(

smiles
06-17-2006, 12:20 AM
I cannot believe the prices of medicine for mental issues. My insurance has an Rx program to where the most I pay is $50. Some drugs I take are as much as $250 so yes it's a big help, BUT it's still a lot. I'm on mutliple medicines - the Dr keeps trying to get it lower but it seems like I need 2 or 3 to be fine. They all seem to be the max $50, never generic available or lower prices. The medicines add up and it's just unreal. Next year at this time I will no longer have my Rx plan, there's no way possible to have multiple prescritpions at hundreds of dollars a piece. I take meds from other drs for other issues also. I just don't know how people afford it without Rx plan.

I can't believe how much some of these medicine's cost. I'm sure they don't cost much for the drug companies to make. I'm lucky to have my insurance cover most of my meds, but my sister has a friend who is scizophrenic and has 4 medicines that total $1000 a month, and no insurance.