PDA

View Full Version : Natural Remedies

wullie
03-21-2006, 01:59 PM
hello foks,
am just posting 2 see if any of u actually think that Natural Remedies,
work? ave never tryed any but if u have any ideas let me no thanks.

take care all,

WULLIE :unsure:

CAJnCAT
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Wullie,

So sorry to be answering your post so late. I've never tried any natual remedies either Wullie, only meds prescribed by a doctor.

Hugs,
Cat
http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/2.gif

insomniac
06-30-2006, 07:24 AM
I have tried quite a few over the years and found one or two that work really well but the trouble is they clash with medications given by doctors, who are I think unwilling for the most part to assign value or investigate natural remedies which is narrow sighted and daft :angry:

( Warning, Anti corporate rant about to happen :angry: )

After all, long before the great and greedy financialy motivated pharmacutical giants popped up and gave us many different pills and potions, not to mention a few assorted lotions :blink: sorry allmost went all musical there :blink: We only had herbs and plants, and if you ask me a good deal less in the way off unpleasent side effects too.

Ginseng is fantastic for depression but interatcs with many conventional medications and causes blood pressure to become higher ( in my veiw its only flaw is the blood pressure thing sine its better at curing depression than the depression medication it messes up )

I have also noticed in a friend that ST Jhon's wart ( yes snigger away but its real ) allmost completely cures depression too but it interacts with many mental health meds and most of the female contraception treatments.

I have also been told that Acupunctre cures another friends migraines completely, though I am surely not in a hurry to play pin cushion myself I am sure there must be something in an ancient medicine that has been passed down through the centuries, no one would bother if it was useless.

I wont advocate quitting perscribed meds in favour of either without a long talk with your doctor and continued councilling etc but I will say that my personal experience with ginseng was far from as much of a waste of time than most doctors veiw natural remedies to be ( in the UK anyway ).

06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Teas with Lavendar and chamomille (especially lavendar) help sooth anxiety. Don't cure but makes it easier for me. I don't know what side effects (if any) that there are with these. I also like soaps and shampoos with lavendar.

insomniac
06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Also, I dont know how relevant this is but anyone with bad health from depression or a run down immune system should try taking garlic pills, they have a reputation for improving the immune systems capacity for dealing with sickness :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/Rincewind_photo/bunnysmiley.gif

hope this helps bunnies :blink: