PDA

View Full Version : doctors

beverley
03-18-2006, 04:26 AM
does anyone else have trouble with docs etc
if you get good one your very lucky,i think once you get a label they more or less give up.i think more research needs to be done as more and more young people seem to be getting phobias.

angie
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
:) luckily my doc was great. gave me every support and went out of his way to get the fastest appointment possible with a therapist. he treated me with total kindness and not once made me feel like i was wasting his time. have you had trouble beverley? you can ask to be refered by the practise manager if you're not happy. :)

dino
03-22-2006, 06:20 AM
DEAR BEVERLEY
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ,ONCE YOUR LABELLED THE DOCS DONT WANT TO KNOW ,DUE TO MY AGORAPHOBIA ETC I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO VISIT MY GP NOW IN OVER 3YEARS BUT ON THE FEW OCCASIONS THAT I HAVE TELEPHONED HIM REGARDING SOMETHING ALL IM TOLD IS ITS JUST YOUR ANXIETY I SWEAR IF I GREW AN EXTRA HEAD OVERNIGHT THEY WOULD STILL SAY ITS JUST ALL ANXIETY
IM SURE ALL THEY DO IS LOOK AT MY MEDICAL NOTES AND AS YOU SAID BECAUSE ITS LABELLED "lOONIE " THTS ME NOW FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
STUCK WITH HAVING ONLY THREE DOCTORS WHERE I LIVE THEY ALL KNOW WHO I AM SO CHANGING TO ANOTHER GP AINT AN OPTION EITHER SO I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO CARRY ON SUFFERING THIS TORMENT DAY IN DAY OUT
LOVE DIANE (DINO)XXXX

http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif NO WONDER WE GET SO ANGRY LOL

DP
03-23-2006, 06:24 AM
It is true about anyone who suffers with anxiety problems, everytime your ill it is down to anxiety. I have a cold (its only anxiety) I have a headache (its only anxiety) i think ive broken my arm doctor (its only anxiety) lol . My doctor is great honestly !

Rich-Admin
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I've not seen a doctor for over 4 years now :o

They don't seem to want to know, Just dish out the pills,

Saying that though not all doc's are the same, I've had some great doc's over the years,

I'll agree with dp etc that they seem to blame everything on anxiety, i'm sure if i phoned the doc and told him i'm pregnent he'd say don't worry it's just your anxiety (wouldn't mind but i'm male :lol: )

jk.

beverley
03-24-2006, 05:05 AM
DEAR BEVERLEY
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ,ONCE YOUR LABELLED THE DOCS DONT WANT TO KNOW ,DUE TO MY AGORAPHOBIA ETC I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO VISIT MY GP NOW IN OVER 3YEARS BUT ON THE FEW OCCASIONS THAT I HAVE TELEPHONED HIM REGARDING SOMETHING ALL IM TOLD IS ITS JUST YOUR ANXIETY I SWEAR IF I GREW AN EXTRA HEAD OVERNIGHT THEY WOULD STILL SAY ITS JUST ALL ANXIETY
IM SURE ALL THEY DO IS LOOK AT MY MEDICAL NOTES AND AS YOU SAID BECAUSE ITS LABELLED "lOONIE " THTS ME NOW FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
STUCK WITH HAVING ONLY THREE DOCTORS WHERE I LIVE THEY ALL KNOW WHO I AM SO CHANGING TO ANOTHER GP AINT AN OPTION EITHER SO I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO CARRY ON SUFFERING THIS TORMENT DAY IN DAY OUT
LOVE DIANE (DINO)XXXX

http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif NO WONDER WE GET SO ANGRY LOL

beverley
03-24-2006, 05:08 AM
thanks for replies really pleased angie that u have good dr could go and c practice manager but guess what it's my docs wife ?
anxiety is label for everything even if u get flu just get bored when u r never taken seriously

DP
03-25-2006, 09:11 AM
oh thats a hard one beverley about the practice manager being the doctors wife!
is she understanding to talk to or does she just agree with everything her husband says?

beverley
03-30-2006, 02:45 AM
oh thats a hard one beverley about the practice manager being the doctors wife!
is she understanding to talk to or does she just agree with everything her husband says?

just found out docs wife has noe retired so we now have new practice manager hopefully things will improve

DP
04-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Thats good news bev.
good luck with it !

wullie
04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
I've not seen a doctor for over 4 years now* :o

They don't seem to want to know, Just dish out the pills,

Saying that though not all doc's are the same, I've had some great doc's over the years,

I'll agree with dp etc that they seem to blame everything on anxiety, i'm sure if i phoned the doc and told him i'm pregnent he'd say don't worry it's just your anxiety (wouldn't mind but i'm male* :lol: )
jk.

Hey jk,
a totally agree wae u! a lay in my bed for 3 weeks bk and forward 2 doctors with a sore head they said anxiety but they were wrong a had a hemorage!

take care

WULLIE

Chelle
04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
does anyone else have trouble with docs etc
if you get good one your very lucky,i think once you get a label they more or less give up.i think more research needs to be done as more and more young people seem to be getting phobias.

Mines an idiot lol...he gave me meds and then put me on the register for CBT and havent heard from him since...waste of space!

curlygirlie
04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
hey just wanted 2 say ur not alone, i have severe M.E aside form the agoraphobia but my dr decided he couldnt do home visits so had 2 change drs. hes not v understandin rele. told me 2 stop bein ill and get otu of bed. and 4 teh past 6yrs iv had people thinkin my M.E is all in my head :rolleyes: x

angie
04-13-2006, 03:13 AM
:( that's absolutely discusting. how dare he say that to you? i thought attitudes like that went out with the ark. maybe i'm just lucky with my doctor,i don't know, but how can someone say that to a patient? surely being told something like that can knock you back from any progress you might be making? i feel so sorry that you were faced with that curly. that's the thing that makes me angry, just because you can't see our panic attacks or agoraphobia doesn't mean it's not there. chin up. some people eh? :angry:

Anna
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi there
I had I really bad experience with a dr so im too scared to go to see them so I changed gps now I have a great dr but still wants me on seroxat no thanks I say to him. I cant even sit in the waiting room now so I don’t go I haven’t seen him for over two years now
love
Anna xxxxhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-012.gif

curlygirlie
04-13-2006, 01:39 PM
luckily with my new dr i get home visits but i think thats just bcoz of the severe M.E. and not coz of the agoraphobia. he put me on mitrazapine or somethin, its been like magic beans lol altho has made me go from a size 6 to about a 12 in just a few months :(
i wish there was some sort of law 4 home visits 4 people like us. power 2 the people! lol *high five* lol x

Natasha-Louise
10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I totally agree!! I had severe school phobia to the point where just looking at my school tie would make me vomit. No one helped me. I was just literally dragged to school. By the time I was told I had school phobia I had developed a whole world of other problems such as childhood depression and panic attacks. Since I left school last June, I began college and it was just like school all over again, I went to the doctors desperate for help and all he would do was put me on a three month waiting list for counselling. I was devestated because I knew without help I was going to loose my college placement. Im still on that waiting list but who cares now? My college placement has already gone.

pucca
10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I also had a negative experience with my doctor. He didn't understand it at all when I said I was so stressed out. He just looked in my file and mumbled : O, so your parents are dead, got over that now ? " ( I was like whhhaaaaaaaat ?? )
He sounded so bored, I thought how can you bring that up like this ?
It's obvious that's the reason... ? He said I didn't need a psychologist...

In Holland your doctor writes a note for you to go to a psychologist.. So I phoned myself to the student-psychologist ( I was still studying ). And she phoned my doctor saying they would treat me and that he HAD to write this note. Because they did need it anyway.