PDA

View Full Version : Agoropghobes/Anxiety sufferers

Stray
05-16-2007, 04:15 AM
ok... so my Aropax (Paroxetine 20mg) tabs arent really working for me any more from the looks of things, and i have been on them for ten years. So i believe that there are newer and better drugs available now... so i have been told.

I told me Quack that i am a member here and he suggested i ask you guys what you have found to be affective, then to pass the info on to him so he can see what is available here for me to try.

If you dont mind, could you reply with your Meds Names, and strength/dosage etc, as well as any info on side effects you might or might not have gotten.

I have lost my innerwebby connection at home so will only be able to check back every other week or so, so whatever info you have would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stray.

ps. If i get some good info, i might even start wearing pants to post here... maybe... ;)

05-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Hiyas Stray

Sorry your going through a rough patch just now <HUGS>

Medication i am taking is Citolapram (Celexa, Cipramil,Escitolapram) Other names used for it.. Didnt do to well when i first started taking it.. Had side affects for first few weeks, takes a few months for it to get into system to work, i increased the dose slowly over a few months, been on it now 7 months but now can say panics are a lot less :) Depends on the person and how the medication works for the person, but hope this may be of some help to you..

Hope your doing not so bad..

Take care

Luvvas Caroline.. Purdy lady :) xxxx

FLORENCE
05-19-2007, 09:46 AM
:( :(

AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU ,,,I THINK THAT OUR CHEMISTRIES ARE ALL SO DIFFERENT,,,THAT TO GET NAMES OF MEDS THAT WORK FOR OTHERS ,,,JUST WON'T DO THE TRICK...I WONDER IF YOU GOOGLE YOUR DIAGNOSIS,,AND CHECK THERE , YOU MAY FIND A LIST OF MEDS. TO GO ALONG WITH YOR OWN DIAGNOSIS.... BUT ,, WHAT I TAKE FOR MY PTSD AND AGORAPHOBIA, IS RESPERDYL, KLONOPAN, EFFEXOR AND WELLBUTRIN ...

GOOD LUCK STRAY,,,,,,I DO HOPE YOU CAN FIND THE PROPER MED OR MEDS FOR YOU .....AND YES U SHOULD PUT YOUR PANTS ON I HAVE BEEN USING MY WEB CAM WHILE CHATING TO YOU ,,,LOL!! JUST KIDDING! ;) TAKE CARE STRAY,,,FLORENCE :rolleyes:

thelostone8206
05-19-2007, 11:26 AM
stray,

i take lexapro. don't know the generic name for it, but they have a website, lexapro.com with all sorts of information. it is helping me to an extent. but like florence pointed out, we all have different chemistries. good luck and (((hugs)))

lost

Jane~BH
05-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Lexapro is also know as Escitolapram .

Brett is on Escitolapram . Only been on it for 3.5 weeks , it seems to be working :)

fudge
05-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi x i have been taking citalopram 30mg for about 3 months now and the change in me is amazing!!! It is a seratonin re-uptake inhibitor, an antidepressant.
I wouldnt go out, i was convinced everyday i was gonna die, panic after panic!
But for the 1st 5 days i nearly gave it up, the side effects were horrible! sickness, increased panic, couldnt sleep at nite, but was tired all day!! i also wanted to jump off buildings!
along with citalopram i take propranolol 20mg 3x daily, which really controls my panic. along with my own will not to panic.. no real side effects just tired in the afternoon.
I hope this helps! but the citalopram did take a good 4 wks to start working, but i wouldnt be without it at all now!!! xx
take care x remember, ur not alone! We r all right there with ya! xx

Stray
06-01-2007, 02:13 AM
hey ya'lls...

thanks for the replies, am looking into some things at the moment.

hoping to be back online soon, so don't be getting all safe and bored, i will be back to tickle your fancies sooooooooooooon :D